★4★

-Amelia-

Cinder was a bit hesitant to agree to join the guild, but she ended up giving in to my begging. Cinder got her guild mark in wine red on her inner thigh. She applied the guild mark herself since she didn't want anyone looking up her skirt. I myself got the guild mark in electric blue on my left palm. When asked why I put there instead of the back of my hand, I just laughed. I had no specific reason, really. After getting our guild marks, everyone started celebrating. Cinder didn't really like it since she always hated social interaction, but I loved it.

Natsu was the most excited about Cinder and I joining the guild. He asked us a lot of questions about our magic, mostly me, though. After Cinder wandered off, Natsu asked the question I was praying wouldn't come up into the conversation. "Did you Dragon vanish?" My eyes faded with happiness the second the question escaped Natsu's mouth. He noticed. He covered his mouth. "I shouldn't have asked that."

I gripped the cup I was drinking out of. The liquid froze after a few seconds. I released the cup and pushed it aside. "It's fine, but it's still a sensitive subject. I met him much later than all of you Dragon Slayers did. I met him the year you disappeared for seven years. Two years ago, when I was thirteen, Frost vanished himself. I met Cinder a few months after. We've been searching since then. That's why we came here, actually, we heard a rumor about an ice dragon. It was a hoax." I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from crying.

Gray was suddenly beside me, rubbing my back. "I'm sorry to hear that." He said with a genuine voice. Natsu was now on my other side, whispering apologies. He was also holding my cup, unfreezing my drink. "How about you talk with Wendy and Romeo? They're about your age." I nodded my head, casually rubbing my eyes.

Wendy and Romeo were sitting at a table with Wendy's cat Carla. Once I sat down, the two quickly started talking with me. My mood improved almost instantly. We talked for about two hours before the topic of jobs came in.

"I usually go on jobs with my old man and Wakaba," Romeo explained. He looked kind of annoyed with this explanation. "We don't do as many jobs as we used to, but I guess that's what happens when you get older. But my Dad doesn't let me go on jobs unless it's with him or Alzack and Bisca. It's really annoying."

When I looked at Wendy, she said, "I go on jobs with Natsu and his team. It helps me a lot with experience, but sometimes I go with Levy and her team. I once went on a job with Freed and Happy, though." Wendy must get along great with everyone in the Guildhall. "Though, recently, I've been going with Gajeel and Levy."

"Uh, maybe I'll do what you do, Wendy. Cinder and I could also go solo with one another. It'd be pretty cool if I got to go on a job with Gray, though!" I said, smiling brightly. "I don't really need the money though, I've done a lot of small jobs around the country and have enough money for hotels and food."

"Speaking of, we need to find a place to live at for the time being." We all jumped at Cinder's sudden voice. She was on the balcony area next to our table, leaning over the railing. "While we have enough money to stay in hotels, I'm afraid we don't have the money for an apartment. I looked into Fairy Hills, but I would like a room separate from you. We can't afford that either."

I rested the side of my face on the table. "We should probably get to work, then, uh?" Cinder nodded her head in agreement. "Probably get a high paying job, but I already checked out the board, the high paying jobs need multiple people."

"We can come with you!" Romeo and Wendy yelled at the same time. When Cinder and I looked at them with surprise, they merely smiled brighter. Carla held an approving smile to the suggestion.

Cinder and I made eye contact. We smiled at one another before looking at the other two. We nodded our heads in agreement. Wendy and Romeo cheered before running off towards the request board. Carla also followed though she gave me a small smile before leaving. Cinder jumped off from the railing and onto the chair Wendy once occupied. "They are quite a lovely bunch if you asked me. Children with great promise." She said with a smile to me.

I nodded my head. "I never really expected to be a member of Fairy Tail. It seemed almost like an impossible dream of mine. You didn't seem very happy when I answered for us, though. Were you going to say no?" Cinder gave a look. It was the I-Don't-Have-An-Answer Look. I dropped it, laughing a little bit.

Wendy came back with a paper in her hands. She handed me the flyer and I read it aloud. "Performed Needed. Wizards with elemental magic, preferably fire or ice, please come to the small city of Orchid to perform at my Circus. You will perform for two days and will then be paid handsomely. Costumes and Props will be provided." I looked at the reward. 40,000. "20,000 for each for each of us, that'll get us started for sure."

"Then let's pack some bags and get going!"