★2★

-Wendy-

"We're back, everybody!" Natsu cheered as we pushed the doors open. Everyone greeted us with hellos and cheers. Juvia jumped at Gray to give him a kiss, but he easily avoided the action. Natsu quickly wrapped a protective arm around Gray's waist. While the two walked away, I helped Juvia onto her feet. "Hey, Gajeel, let's fight!" Natsu yelled loudly.

Lucy wrapped her arms around me to shield me from the flying tables and mugs. The two of us moved to the second floor so we weren't attacked. We watched the battle, talking with smiles as the fight went on. Somehow, the topic of romance came up. "I think I'll be old and grey before Erza picks up on Kagura's signals. Those two are so cute but so painful to watch." Lucy looked down. "Did Juvia get a haircut?"

I laughed. "I'd say the same about you and Juvia, Lucy. Your crush is very obvious, but she only sees it as friendly." Lucy lurched forward and groaned. "OH I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND YOU, LUCY, I PROMISE! I WAS ONLY JOKING!" I yelled to make up for my actions. Lucy only groaned again. "I'll make it up, why don't I go and get some yellow cake from the bakery?" Lucy nodded her head in agreement. I nodded my head before running off and out the guild.

As I made my way to the bakery, I counted my money. I had just barely enough for the yellow cake. When I reached the front entrance, the door opened and a girl walked out. She was carrying a paper bag full of sweets, a red velvet in her mouth. A taller, older looking woman stood behind her, scolding her for eating the donut. She said something at her, but it was strongly muffled.

I was instantly hit was the smell of the two. The shorter girl smelled like mint but also a cold mountain. It was like a candy cane wonderland. The second woman smelled like cinder, but there was a sweeter aroma to it. It wasn't like Natsu, who smelled like ash. The shorter girl had a sense like Grandine, not exactly like her, but very similar. The two quickly noticed me. The taller was the first to speak. "I apologize for the foolish antics of this little child."

The girl pulled the donut out of her mouth and yelled, "I was just eating a donut! How is that foolish, and I'm not a little child! I'm fifteen years old!" I never would have guessed she was fifteen. She was short and had a childish aura to her. It was surprising to learn she was two years older than me. "I'm sorry for this old woman wasting your time!" The girl said, turning to me. She has a thick accent that I couldn't work out. (It's Scottish)

I waved my hand. "No worries, I wasn't bothered, only a bit startled," I assured the two. "I just came to buy some yellow cake for my friend, I said I would buy her some to make up for a joke that offended her pretty badly." The two looked at one another. The taller woman reached into the bag and handed me a box full of yellow cake. "Oh, I can't!"

"I insist," She said as she handed me the yellow cake. "We will also walk you back to where you came from. After all, we did startle you while keeping you from getting what you wanted. I am Cinder and this is my companion, Amelia." Mrytle gestured to Amelia, who had finished her donut.

Now that things had calmed down, I was able to take in their appearances. Cinder has short black hair in a bob cut, beautiful silver eyes, dark skin, and she was much taller than any other female I had ever met. She had to be over eighteen. She was just too mature looking. Amelia, on the other hand, looked just like a child. She had a round face. Her hair was brown and extremely curly, held in a high ponytail. Her eyes were baby blue, something I've never seen before. She had white skin covered in scars. She wasn't that much taller than me.

Their styles were also different. Cinder wore an indigo knitted dress. She dress went to the ends of her thighs. A white scarf dotted with light blue spots was wrapped around her neck. She wore boots that matched the color of her dress. She had no accessories besides a pair of diamond earrings. Amelia had a more casual style. She was in a baggy grey sweatshirt with no text or picture on it, black skinny jeans, and black boots. She also had on a black snapback hat with a picture of the Cheshire cats eyes and smile. I was confused by Amelia's style since it was the middle of Summer.

"What is your name?" Cinder asked only a few seconds after she introduced herself. I was a bit startled at the question but managed to clearly respond with my proper name. "Wendy Marvell. Quite a lovely name. Don't you agree, Amelia?"

Amelia nodded her head with a slight smile. "Pretty name. So, let's get going, Wendy. You lead the way since we don't know where we're going!" Amelia's smile grew in size. I could feel my face heat up and my heart beat increase. I didn't know what it was, I had never felt something like that before. I also didn't know if I liked the feeling or not.

"Alright then, let's go."

A/n: This part and the ones after it was edited, meaning most of the comments may not make sense to what the story is saying. The chapter was changed very much, so names and outfits have been changed. A character who may have appeared in the unedited version might not be in here either, such as Romeo. WHEN I STARTED EDITING THIS STORY, THERE WAS SIXTEEN CHAPTER, IT MAY HAVE MORE AS I CONTINUE EDITING IT. AT THIS MOMENT, I DO NOT KNOW.