★8★

-Wendy-

I twirled the blue tulip, smiling at it fondly. Once I had woken up, I couldn't stop playing with the flower. I was lying down on the bed while Carla and Cinder got ready. I didn't take that long, so I offered to go last. I smelled the flower once again. It still smelled sweet and fresh. I thought back to how Amelia placed it in my hair, telling me how I should wear flowers more often. I decided to head to the flower shop when we returned to Magnolia, the craft store, too.

"Wendy, you've been playing with that random flower for an hour. How special can that be, it was from the audience we performed for the other day. A stranger gave it to you." Carla said, staring at me from the other end of the bed. I just smiled. She sighed. "I swear, the older they get, the harder it is to read them." I could hear Cinder chuckle from the bathroom. "It's your turn to get ready, Wendy."

I carried the tulip with me into the bathroom, trading positions with Cinder. I got ready quickly, brushing my hair as I brushed my hair at the same time. As I mixed the mouthwash, I put my hair into a bun. I changed into a white t-shirt, jean overall shorts with pockets, and blue flip-flops. I grabbed the tulip from the sink. I carefully stuffed the stem into my hair. When I was finished, the blue bud showed perfectly in my bun. I smiled at myself one last time before leaving the bathroom. Carla and Cinder had backed the bags while also making the bed for the hotel staff.

"Alright, we should meet Amelia and Romeo in the hallway, drop our bags at the train station, then go back to Hopper's circus tent. He scheduled our final performance for 12:30. It is 10:00 AM so we will make it about thirty minutes beforehand. enough time to change into costume." Carla said, checking her watch. She really always did come prepared. That's one of the reasons why I've always admired her. So put together.

The performance was going the same as last time until the final bit of it. When the illusions had exploded, the fire and snow mixture ended up getting into Carla's face. "Are you okay?" I asked with a worried tone. Carla tried nodding but she ended up sneezing, dropping me in the process. The crowd gasped as I braced for the impact, but it didn't come. I felt arms wrap around my back, turning me to the side, scarping my feet on the ground. I was then being held bridal style. I slowly opened my eyes to see Amelia holding me. She was breathing heavily, her eyes wide.

"Wendy, are you safe?" I didn't get to answer. The crowd cheered loudly, drowning out any possible response I could make. Amelia looked around at the crowd. "No! It wasn't - We didn't - Uh." Amelia sighed in defeat. I giggled a bit. Amelia then put me back down on my feet. "But, really, are you okay?" She leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Yes, thank you for catching me," I said, stepping back so I could make eye contact with Amelia again. "You really saved me there."

"Hey, as long as I'm here, you won't be getting hurt. That's a promise, from one guildmate to another." Amelia smiled brightly. It reminded me of Natsu. The way he smiled when happy or winning a battle. How he smiled when Gray was around or when Lucy joked with him. It was Natsu's smile, but with Amelia's own touch to it. I felt an overwhelming joy at being on the receiving end of that smile.

The train ride back was calm. Romeo managed to buy another bottle of motion sickness pills, so Amelia didn't have to suffer through the entire ride without the pills. Cinder and Carla took one seat while Romeo, Amelia, and I took the other. I sat between the two. Both of them were close. Romeo had his arm and shoulder pressed against my own and Amelia's thigh was right against my thigh. It was embarrassing to me, but the other two acted normal the entire ride, so it must not have been a big deal.

"We're back!" Amelia cheered when we reached the guild hall. Everyone greeted us with waved or verbal greetings. Lucy gave me a large hug when I walked inside. I returned the hug. She had become like a sister to me, so it wasn't even awkward to hug her so tightly. "Wendy, I'm getting a lemonade, do you want anything?" Amelia asked, pointing at the bar where Mira was.

"An Ocean Blue Calypso, if you don't mind!" I said as Lucy held me in a hug. Amelia gave me a thumbs up before walking away. I watched with a smile. It wasn't too long before I noticed Lucy's smirk. "What is it?" I asked her.

Lucy snickered. "Nothing, it's just . . . you're getting awfully close to the new member. You wouldn't happen to have a crush?" I turned bright red the second the final word processed. "You do! You're so red! This is so cute, you two would be so adorable together."

I cupped my face. "No! No! No! That's not it! We're just good friends! Besides, I've never had a crush before, how would I even know if I really like her. Even if I did, what's to say she feels the same way? Heartbreak doesn't sound very fun."

"Wendy," Lucy rested her hand on my shoulder, "even if you do have a crush on Amelia, that's fine. You don't have to act on it instantly. It may be awkward for you when you're aware of it, but once you come to terms with it, you can start finding ways to confess your feelings."

I smiled slightly. "You're right! I think I'll continue being friends with Amelia. If I end up having feelings for her, at least I'll know my feelings are for the right person! Thank, Lucy!" Lucy gave me a thumbs up before walking away. I ran towards the bar to meet with Amelia, who held her lemonade and my Calypso.