Torn (One Direction Fanfiction)

"Tess!" I turned to see the person I dreaded seeing the most. "Hi," He flashed me a smile with his signature dimples, "Are you busy?" He put his hands in this pockets. "Uh, no," I said, looking around, not wanting to meet his eyes. "Good because I wanted to talk to you. We've been going out for a few months now and I really really like you," I knew this was coming. "Harry, I, uhm," I said, backing away, "I just want to be friends," "But I want to be more than friends. I thought you did too," He said, taking a step toward me. "I think we should break up. I can't be with you." I said, tears forming. I saw the hurt in his eyes. I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist. "Is it me?" He asked sadly. I shook my head, "It's me. I'm sorry," I walked away toward the door, hating Cheryl for making me do this.

"Tess, you're on in five! Let's go!" My manager yelled into my dressing room. "Coming!" I finished pulling on my converse. I looked in the mirror and fluffed my hair. I adjust my mic as I walked backstage. I climbed the stairs to get to my position behind the backdrop. The music started to play. "Yeah!" I sang. The light aimed at me behind the backdrop. I sang the lyrics then I pulled open the backdrop curtain to reveal 20,000 people cheering.

I walked down the ramp, still singing. I was now center stage and my background dancers came up behind me to dance with me. I pulled out my ear piece to hear the audience and said, "What's up, LA?!?!" They cheered. I danced and clapped. "Welcome to my world," I sang, finishing the song.

Hi, my name's Tess Mitchell. I'm eighteen, I have green eyes, and straight honey colored hair. Oh yeah, I'm considered one of the biggest stars in the world. I got my start on Season 7 of X-Factor UK in 2011. I finished in fourth place behind a certain band called One Direction. You know, Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Louis. They were some of my closest friends while I was on the show. I haven't seen them in a year.

So you probably think that I'm British; Well, I'm not. My mom is and we moved to London when I was seven. I do use lots of British words, though. After I lost X-Factor, we moved back to America for my manager and label. I was signed to Columbia Records shortly after we moved back to America. My fame exploded and now I can't go anywhere without cameras. I'll admit I like the attention, but sometimes I wish I was normal again. I don't like Twitter, so I don't have one. I like to keep my life private, so I don't have any of that stuff. That's why people say that I'm one of the most private stars in the world. 

"Tess! Wake up!" My mom yelled through my door. I groaned and rolled out of bed. I grabbed some skinny jeans, a red long-sleeved shirt with white stripes, and a white beanie. I threw on the clothes after I brushed my hair. I pulled on the beanie and slipped on some black cardy Uggs. I walked downstairs to the kitchen where my mom was waiting. "Finally! You're awake!" she huffed. I ignored her comment and opened the fridge.

I pulled out chocolate milk and some fruit salad. I sat at the breakfast bar and ate as my mom ran through my schedule for the day. "Honey! You need to stop!" My mom said when she saw my dry hands. I have mild OCD and I wash my hands too much, so they get dry and start bleeding. I can't help it. I try my best, but my mom is always really hard on me about it. I pulled my sleeves over my hands and looked down. I winced at the pain. I hated myself for worrying about germs. "Alright, so are you ready to go?" My mom said. "Yeah," I sighed as we headed to the elevator.

"So our plane leaves on Friday at seven, so we'll be in L.A. in plenty of time." My mom said as we walked through the store. I skimmed through some magazines, a large headline catching my eye. "Harry Styles flirting up a storm with Hollywood's finest!" It read. Harry was pictured smiling cheekily at a women who looked twice his age. Typical Harry Styles. I guess I had been the only exception.

"Tess, is this the right raspberry iced tea?" My mom held up the box of Brisk cans, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yes, mother." I said, following her to the check out. I saw many people holding up cell phones, trying to get a picture of me. I wished people would just leave me alone. I'm just trying to live my life, you know? I rolled my eyes and just ignored them.

"Tess! Are you excited for your performance tonight?" A perky woman asked me. "Yes, absolutely. I've never performed at the Teen Choice Awards, so this will be a great experience," I smiled for the camera. "You'll be amazing. Good luck," The lady smiled. "Thank you," I smiled and made my way down the rest of the press line. I was posing on the red carpet when I spotted the boys. They saw me too and waved. I waved back and smiled. I started to walk in their direction, but my mom led me in the other direction. I gave the boys a sorry look and followed my mother. 

I smoothed out my black dress and stepped into my red wedges. The wardrobe lady tightened them as I fluffed my hair. I stared down at my hands, which were expertly covered in makeup. My mother had done that. I felt ashamed. She was ashamed of my OCD as well. I sighed. "Let's go," The lady opened the door for me and I walked backstage. I went to the area under the stage where I was going to be lifted up through the floor. I stood on my platform and waited for a few minutes.

"With over a million copies of her debut album sold in three months, here's Tess Mitchell, singing her number one hit, Welcome to My World!" Zac Efron said. The music started to play and I started to rise. Fog surrounded me. In a matter of seconds, I was looking at thousands of faces. "Yeah!" I sang. The crowd went crazy. I walked to the front of the stage, singing my heart out. I spotted the boys in the front row and I smiled at them. They all cheered and danced to the song. I danced around the stage, running to the middle circle near the crowd. The whole audience sang along.

"Wh-oa! Welcome to my world!" I finished and posed. The crowd went nuts as always. I smiled as Zac came up to me. "How amazing was that?!" Zac asked the audience. They cheered in response. Zac hugged me and they cut to commercial.

"And the Best Female Singer is... Tess Mitchell!" Taylor Lautner said. "What?!" I looked over at Taylor and Selena. I hugged them and my mom. I walked up to the stage in my huge heels, almost falling over. I almost tripped up the stairs, but then laughed it off. "Congratulations, Tess," Taylor hugged me when I got on stage.

"Thanks," I smiled and took the award from him. "Wow, I can't believe this is happening. Two years ago, I would have never dreamed that I would win an award, let alone perform at an awards show. I want to thank all of you for buying "Escape" and for being amazing fans. I also want to thank my mom and Columbia Records for helping me achieve my dream. I love you all. Thank you!" I said into the microphone.  I held up the award and was whisked away backstage.

Feet propped up on the table, I was busy texting Selena. My manager should be here any minute to talk about my world tour next year. Sitting in a conference room for God knows how long was not my idea of fun. I studied my vans, happy that they still looked clean and new. I ran a hand through my hair, feeling it between my finger tips. I was always playing with my hair. I have been since I was a baby. I sighed, taking a sip of my Vitamin Water.

"Is this it?" I heard a familiar voice say. "Yep, conference room B," Another voice said. I looked up to see the door opening, meeting eyes with the last person I wanted to see.

Alright, so I know I have another One Direction fanfiction right now, but this idea came to me a few weeks ago and I couldn't get it out of my head. So I hope you like it! Votes would be appreciated! :)