Chapter 6: Confrontation (I)

Chapter 6

Confrontation (I)

Thor walked along the quiet dungeon, all the prisoner back to their respective cages. He kept walking until he reached the cell furthest from the palace entrance and the most decorated cells from any other. He paused briefly upon seeing the other cell which seemed to be empty and yet decorated than most.

Thor knew he would regret asking for his younger brother's help but there is no other choice. Loki is clever, he is the only one who would know how to get out of Asgard without the use of Bifrost. The God of Thunder is depending on Loki's desire for vengeance for their mother and hopefully, that, enough will do.

Loki upon seeing his brother glanced at Seraphina's cell, gave a moment before speaking. "Thor." Loki greeted, walking towards the energy barrier, hands clasped behind him. "After all this time, and now you've come to visit me." He leaned dangerously close to the barrier, "Why?" He demanded. "Have you come to gloat? To mock?" Loki inquired dryly.

Thor, with a frown, saw through his act as he always has been at times like this. He knows Loki hides his feelings only allowing the person he trusted the most to see through which, as far as Thor knows, is their mother only. It was rare for Thor to see through Loki but for years, he had trained himself to do so. So he can finally do something for his brother and not just the other way around but he was too late to do so. "Loki enough. No more illusions."

Loki's eyes widened before finally closing his eyes and letting go of the illusions. Revealing the entropy of the room and Loki on the far side of the room, his foot is bleeding, clothing was torn and his hair a mess. Loki, exhausted from the emotional drain moments ago with his Angel, just sat. Numb and barely able to move.

"Now you see me, brother." 

His eyes followed his brother as he moved closer to him, to the other side of the barrier. Deciding to go against the shouting in his head, Loki asked the question he most desperately wanted to hear the answer of. "Did she suffer?"

Thor faltered, not expecting that question which he should have. He watched his little brother's eyes, who made it as if it did not matter if the question is answered or not. Finally deciding against answering it, he said: "I did not come here to share our grief." I wish I could. "Instead, I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament."

Loki stilled, then answered, "Go on."

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you; vengeance." Thor paused, looking around the cell "And afterward, this cell."

Loki mimicked Thor's action then chuckled, a dry one; completely devoid of any humor with a satisfied sigh "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

Thor began to answer when something caught his eye on the bed. "What is that?" Thor questioned, gesturing towards the shuffle in the bed.

Loki didn't answer, instead, fixed an awaiting eyebrow to his older brother.

"I don't." Thor finally answered, "Mother did. But you should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with the glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me and I will kill you."

The God of Mischief hummed, a smile forming on his lips. In perfect timing, the figure on the bed stood up and looked for her companion that was suddenly not on the bed. "Loki?" She called, her voice slightly rough and slurred from sleep.

"Down here, Angel," Loki answered.

Seraphina left the bed, the skirt of her clothing sweeping the white floor, as she headed to the God of Mischief. "How are you holding up, Mischief?" She questioned, snapping out of her stupor and finally noticing the God of Thunder outside the cell. "Good evening, Thor."

For the first time since coming here, Loki saw his brother taken off guard and flustered and confused. "Is there something going on that we should be informed of?"

Seraphina began to sit next to Loki only to stop when she saw the blood on her Mischief's feet. He must've stepped on the broken vase while she was asleep. She began making her way there instead. "No, there is nothing. It is none of your business." She answered absentmindedly, focused on healing his foot. Gold light coming out of her hands as she ran her hands over the wound.

"Loki?" Thor demanded.

"I will help you," Loki said, his heart suddenly thumping wildly in his heart as he felt Seraphina take her hand. "On one condition, she goes free." He felt her hand froze and her body began to tense.

"Loki," she warned but Thor had already beat her to it.

"That I cannot comply."

"Do tell why not?"

Thor looked at Seraphina then back to Loki, "That woman is dangerous. She is a precious prisoner of Father."

Loki turned to Seraphina, and about to question her when she cut him off. "You must go. I will still be here when you come back."

A silent conversation was passed between them through eyes that honestly marveled Thor. In his visit, he had steeled himself to not give in to Loki and thought of possible ways Loki might trick him but he never expected to see such......softness towards her. Albeit, it's not visible to some but Thor can see through it and it astounded him. The girl, who his father proclaimed to be dangerous, managed to enter Loki's heavily guarded heart.

When Loki turned to him, a wry smile plastered on his lips, he saw how Loki's aura changed into the devious person that Loki wanted everyone to see. "When do we start?"

~

Disclaimer: Movie is not mine. Credit goes to the actual writers. What is not in the movie belongs to me. The photo is not mine too. 

Hey guys (to whoever is left reading this), how's it going??? 

It's been a long time coming. Sorry, it took forever but I decided to continue this again. 

Hopefully, you like it and that you're enjoying the story so far and that you continue to stay.

Vote and comment and tell me what you think. 

~Leannexo