Chapter 5: Comforting Words in Despair

Chapter 5

Comfort and Words and Despair

"Will you let me go back to my cell now, All-father?" Seraphina asked, spitting out his name. He'd been keeping her for the last few days in chains, trying to get out any more information about Aether. But there was nothing she could give. She was as clueless as he is.

He gave her a long look, "You have made yourself at home at your cell, haven't you?"

"What else am I supposed to do? The cell kept the full potential of my powers, just as this place is doing. At least my cell is much more suitable."

"THOR!" Odin called out to the door.

A moment later, Seraphina saw the big figure of the prodigal son. Blond hair and red cape swaying from the force of the giant door opening. He was handsome and muscular indeed, but she held no interest in him. Her mind was on a certain 'villain' with green eyes and dark as night hair, tall and slender and all at once stronger than Thor will ever be.

"The prodigal son," she stated, "I've heard so much about you. Saviour of Asgard and Midgard and Vanaheim. Quite a busy little prince, aren't you?"

"Father, who is this?" Thor questioned, nodding towards the cuffed, beautiful woman. Both of her arms and feet are manacled to the wall, spreading her wide open and unable to do anything.

"Seraphina," she answered for the All-father. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Thor, bring your Midgardian to me," Odin ordered, ignoring the God of Thunder's shocked face.

"But father..." He protested

"NOW!" Odin boomed. Thor stood, stunned for a moment before nodding and leaving the room with a dark gloom around him.

"By the Stars, don't you shout often for an old man like you." She commented, "Sometimes, I wonder who's the screamer in bed, you or Frigga."

"Zip your mouth, Seraphina."

"Look at you being all scary. Sends tingles down my spine, Odin." She retorted.

He only sent her a dark menacing look that could send anyone cowering back to their corners, before turning back and doing whatever the hell he was doing.

Seraphina only snickered.

~

"Would you like to unchain me, Odin?" She questioned, staring at the Midgardian who was looking at her wearily, sticking close to the God of Thunder.

"If you ever dare try anything, Seraphina. I will make sure you will never see the daylight again." Thor warned with a deadly glare, just as Odin snapped his fingers. The manacles came undone and fell to the ground, resonating around the whole medium sized room. The room was moderately dim, illuminated only by the two high-top windows where the sun was streaming in.

Seraphina stood up, rotating her wrist and feeling the coolness of the wind hit them and letting the blood flow since they had been confined for the last few days. She'd rather be at her cell--rather, Loki's cell but Odin is a stubborn bastard. She's sure that Loki must be furious with her.

"Relax, lover boy. As pretty as she is, I am not interested in girls."

"Will you ever stop with your remarks, Seraphina?" Odin grumbled, "I'd have thought that millennia in that cell would stop that silver tongue of yours."

"Father, who is she really?"

"Someone you should never align yourself with, my son," Odin answered.