Chapter 2: Courting Goes The Other Way

Chapter 2

Courting Goes The Other Way

*6 weeks later*

Loki spun around, catching the object that was thrown at him. Something rectangular and stringy, some string dangling from his hands. A smile tugging at his lips, "Angel."

"Nice catch, Mischief." For whatever reason, the God of Mischief had taken to calling her Angel or anything other than her name. Which might as well good, her name rolling off his lips is a catalyst of the chaos in her insides. But then again, Angel does the same thing.

"What in Odin's throne is this contraption?" The prince inquired, examining the device.

"A music player," she answered, sitting down on the extra chair that had been added just for her. Well, Loki demanded another chair to the servants without telling them the reason. A bunch of snarling and threats, they finally agreed to it. They took the chair from Loki's room, which is saying how expensive the couch was. To say, beyond flattered is what Seraphina felt.

A flat look she received from the God made her continue her explanation, "It's a device that plays music. Hence, the name music player." She smirked.

"I know that I'm not stupid." Loki snapped, rolling his eyes. "I want to know why and where this came from. It's unnecessary."

"It got it from Midgard. You don't want to spend your time reading while you rot away in here so I'm giving you this. Believe it or not, music is relaxing. Maybe it could coax out the evilness and all that angst out of you."

He raised his fist, a finger, just one finger protruded out of the curled fist. Coaxing out a laugh from the ginger-haired lady seated across from him. "So much for being a gentleman."

"Whoever said I was?"

"You didn't but I know."

Loki's mouth opened, to say something but she heard nothing. She could hear blood pumping, a frantic heartbeat through her ears. Her eyes flooded with a dark red before it disappeared as quickly. Needles pricked her skin, paralyzing her. Stab after stab in rhythm to the heartbeat in her mind.

"Seraphina?" He called her name, snapping her out of her stupor. She blinked quickly and look down at her hands. Fear twisted her heart into knots. The veins in her whole body glowed into a dark, dark red. Flashing brightly. Almost threateningly to jump out of her skin but that was not possible.

It's been awakened.

Seraphina took a deep, shaky breath and forced a smile. "You called my name."

"How are you fairing? Are you alright?"

"Look at you, all concerned." She teased with a lopsided grin. 

"Just answer the question."

But she didn't. Instead, she leaned forward, cupping her cheek with her hand and tilted her head to the side. "Would you like to get a fresh air? Take a walk around Asgard tonight?"

"And how do you propose we escape Heimdall?"

She scoffed, "I've been visiting your cell for 6 weeks straight now. You'd know I would be in trouble but I'm still here, which says a lot."

"You do know that courting goes the other way, right?"

"I never suggested that," she replied. Staring into Loki's green vortex eyes, that is staring right back at her intensely. "I merely suggested for a walk. Surely, you must be tired of this same white walls."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that."

Seraphina stood up, preparing herself to move to her own cell when Loki's voice stopped her, peering at her under his long lashes, the music player in his hands. "Are you alright, Seraphina?" His voice held no humour, no teasing, nothing that reminded her of their playful banter. Nothing but seriousness, alerting her that he knows the gravity of the situation.

"Of course. Tonight, then?"

With a long-lasting look, that prickled her skin at the intenseness, the heat rushing to her face, he nodded.

~

Coming back to her senses, she took a deep breath and collapsed on the carpeted floor. If she was to spend the rest of her life in this tiny small cell, then she might as well have been comfortable.

After days on end of ruckus, they finally agreed to follow her command with the help of Frigga. As in every request.

Closing her eyes, she saw a pair of red dark eyes staring at her with a knowing look. She heard his voice in her head as if he was right beside her all this time. 

"You will come back to us," his rough almost robotic voice resonated in her head. 

Except the words aren't in her head. Flashes of memories appearing behind her eyelids. 

Darkness. Limitless of it. Then, suddenly a bright light practically engulfed her shortly before she felt herself being pushed down; the pressure of the water pressing down on her, suffocating her. 

"You will come back and we will take what is originally ours." All six voices said, over and over again. Their words and voice mixing together. 

The golden eyes snapped opened, greeted by the crystal drop onto the ceiling; breathing hard as if she was experiencing those things again for the millionth time. She raised her hands, pulling down her sleeves, seeing the pulsing red on her hand like her veins.

One word running through her mind, like an endless record.

"Aether......" 

~

Chapter 2! YAY! So there isn't much Loki and Seraph interaction, it's more like a setup and I'm sorry if it's very short. 

Up above is who I based Seraph with on her looks--well, her hair. Basically, she looks like that except the eyes which is gold, like actual gold and her lips are a bit smaller unlike the one in the picture. 

Brilliant picture, though!

Anyway, I hope you liked it and that you stick around till the end! 

Thank you, and don't forget to vote and comment, I'd love to hear what you think :D 

Leanne~xo