Chapter 1: Just Seraphina

Chapter 1

Just Seraphina

The chains that were clamped on his hands, feet, and the unnecessary hip and neck, clanged each step he took. Every sound crackled in his ear, sparking anger and the unnecessary extra chains. It's not like he can do anything with his neck and hips, it was ridiculous.

Each step brought him closer and deeper into the dungeon where he would be spending his eternity, which Loki can feel is not quite true. He doesn't know how or why but he can tell something big is about to happen. Just at that mere thought, a smile wormed it's way into his lips. Manic giddiness spreading.

The deeper you get into the dungeon, the more highly guarded they are and only for the prisoners labeled as top criminals. In other words, people like him. 

As Loki walked past, he glanced at the other prisoners who stood at the plain white cell withering from boredom but then, there was something that caught his eye. Coincidentally, it was right in front of his cell.

Loki stopped, the guards holding the chains put no resistance knowing not to irritate the used to be prince and king.

He stared at the cell with wonder. It was more decorative than any other cell he'd seen. A high canopy bed with gold and red sheets. Bookshelves lines on the wall. The corner of the room is what looks to be like a reading chair with lights hovering from behind. There was a table filled in, what Loki can see is drawing books, snacks and coffee. There is one couch in a shape of a letter L. A swirling lines of red and gold cushioned the owner's feet. The prisoner clearly favored red and gold; chandelier hanged in the middle of the sea of vines while tiny lights hung from the ceiling, like raindrops frozen mid-air. Loki could hear faint thumping coming off from her cell, it must've been music.

The guards reluctantly tugged on the chains, silently signaling for him to keep moving. The God of Mischief stood, silent before continuing at the entrance of his cell and entered willingly; letting the guards cut away the chains. He watched the cell door slam shut and disappear.

He swirled around the room, assessing the place. The walls were plain bare white, with a black velvety bed with gold stands, holding it up. A single chair, with the same material as the bed, a foot stool in front and a few table with foods, a bowl of water held up by a three-legged stool.

It was quite different from the one across from him.

Loki smirked, sensing that he wasn't alone. "I didn't realize that I would have the pleasure to have a roommate. Truly quite honored that they would have someone to keep me company." 

He heard the faint footsteps step out from the corner of the room, "You should be," the voice said, it was a female's voice. "I've been told that I keep a very good company."

Why would Odin or anyone want to put him, the God of Mischief and Lies, in the same room as anyone, much less a female?

Loki heard his bed creak just slightly, dictating that the woman headed to the bed. Finally removing his gaze from the empty space, he turned around and was struck, flabbergasted.

A girl with the hair of a sun twisted in delicate braids. She wore a long dress that flowed till to her feet. It had the scheme of red and black and gold. The color of gold outlined V shape up top; the bust was in the color of scarlet red. The bottom part is also red, connecting to the top, separated by the color of gold in the middle and all over the skirt are intricate designs written in black. Behind her, like a cape is translucent like chiffon with the same design.