Chapter 4: The King and Queen

Chapter 4 

 The King and Queen 

In the confinement of her cell, where the lights had gone out, she stood close to the wall facing the God of Mischief's cell. She knew he was asleep. Seraphina took the pendant and brought it to her tingling lips landing a kiss on it before cupping it in both of her hands, the way one would try to hold water. A spell was said. The inside of the crystal was not just the color of aura flowing but black and red had been more prominent than ever.

Seraph let down the pendant, feeling it touch her chest. Her fingers instantly going to her lips, which is still warm and stinging from the shared kiss they had.

It was as if someone threw fireworks inside of her and let it explode. She could still feel his arms wounding around her tight but still, his touch was as gentle as a flower's petal. 

Oh, she could revel on the memory for a long time. The heat between them was a fire of a thousand burning suns. She begged anyone from up above, anyone who would listen to a person like her, to let the moment last forever. 

But alas, it was never on her side.

Too lost in her thoughts, she didn't feel the energy that buzzed around her when she was about to be teleported because as soon as she came to her senses, she was around the giant gold room. Bifrost. It has not been wholly rebuilt but it is on the way.

"Heimdall," she greeted, standing beside him, staring at the beauty of such world.

"You're getting too close, Seraphina." His normally loud voice seemed soft and quiet.

"Can you blame me?" She asked him rhetorically. "Heimdall, he doesn't recognize me, not one single bit." She told him, her voice cracking at the pain.

"It has to be that way."

"What? The cycle keeps turning, over and over until I finally break. I don't think I can handle anymore, Heimdall."

He turned his head towards her, his bright orange eyes boring into her. A sigh left his lips. "I am basically committing treason for you, and what you did today was dangerous."

"It won't be long before I am gone." She said.

"What about that prince of yours?"

"You'll help him when you see the opportunity, won't you?"

"I see everything, Seraphina." Heimdall stated, "but I don't see why I should."

Her shoulders slumped but then, faced Heimdall head on. "Despite everything he'd done. Loki is a good man. No one can see it, not yet. But I can. I can see it as clearly as you see others, Heimdall."

~

Odin, the All-Father, stalked down the darkened dungeon. He didn't need the light, he had been through this route more times than he can count. Not one glance was spared to the cell across from it. He didn't need to.

The woman was already standing in front of the cell with a knowing smirk. Odin could feel the power emanating from her, a tugging in his stomach incessant. She was powerful, indeed. If both of them were to go into a fight, the result would surely be a tie.

Or worse.....

She's clever and Odin knows that---he knows that she's planning something. She was precarious. But one thing he can be sure is that she was not a fan of violence. She avoided it as much as she can, a result from the massacre eons ago.