Chapter 3: Quartz Crystal

Chapter 3

Quartz Crystal

"Do me a favor," the woman told the dark, snarky, giant 6'2 man at her side, "--and stop being so tense. Blend in, for Valhalla's sake! I'd like to enjoy this time outside and not get caught after less than two steps."

The God of Mischief's eyes sparkled with amusement, of course, only she would have the guts to actually lecture him, which has been going on for quite sometime now, after since their first meeting together. He would be lying if he said he never enjoyed her presence. He actually does. As she's said the first day, she does make a wonderful company. He still could never figure her out or what her trick was, it itches inside him, urging him to peel away the barrier and see what it's inside. What secret is she hiding and what is she truly?

They had gotten quite close, and he is completely fine with it. He had never had an actual close friend. Someone who truly sees him, not just as Thor's brother. An individual.

"It's not my fault that these mewling quims are inquisitive, and cannot stay in their own business. Besides, you have always sneaked out, what's different is it this time?"

Seraphina scrunched her nose, that he strangely found adorable. "The fact that I'm smuggling one of the most wanted man in all 9 worlds. It's not as easy as you think."

Loki scoffed, "I beg to differ. You do it as if you're merely breathing."

"That is because I've been doing it for millennia."

"So you smuggle every prisoner you take an interest in?"

She grinned, "No, you, my dear, God of mischief, gets a special treatment."

"And why is that?" He asked over the sound of the bustle of life around him. They were in the town square. The place seemed like it came from an old film, a color of vintage. Asgardians called out to them, advertising whatever it is they sell. The air was stale and occasional summer wind coming in now and then. The stars littered across the sky and Equina, the moon, shone up above.

A smirk was sent to him before her porcelain hand took his and dragged him to a booth. The booth had gems and crystals in all shapes and sizes.

"If you don't know, you need the Asgard currency, Astrial." He teased, "Which you do not have."

She glared at him, "I'm not an idiot, Mischief."

"I beg to differ, Angel" Loki scoffed.

"There's a reason why I brought you with me," she smirked.

"Oh, you naughty girl." Loki watched Seraphina picked up a simple necklace, just when he had thought she would pick up the shiniest jewel there is. Instead, she picked up an aura quartz necklace cut into a terminated pendant held by a silver wire wrapping like snakes. Up top is an intricate design of waves and curves connecting to the chain. The inside of the quartz looked as if there was something inside, making the colors move like a flow of water.

"How much does this cost, good sir?" He heard her ask. Without a second thought, Loki shoved his hands in his pocket and pulled out a 50 Astrial and handed it to the vendor causing Seraphina to look at him in surprise. He just raised an eyebrow at her, "You do know that I was just joking right?" She told him as he began leading away from the booth, giving her no chance to protest, with hands at the small of her back, causing a chaos in Seraphina's mind and heart.

"Well," he began in joking bitterness, "A warning would've sufficed."

With a smile, she led him to an alleyway and gave the necklace to him. "Since you bought it, you might as well put it on me." Seraphina turned her back, while Loki grasped the necklace in his hands, eyes glancing back and forth between the necklace and the Angel right in front of him. Slowly, he brought the quartz to his lips and planted a feather kiss.

Seraphina's heart pounded as she waited for him to move. Did she ask for too much? She could not help herself, she had to. The whole time they've been together in this 'little' trip, her heart clenched at the beauty of him. How she caught him staring at her with amusement and an indecipherable look in his green eyes. How he'd glare at anyone who dared glance at both of them the wrong way. They way his hands felt at her back, holding her with such care that no one expected him to have. She wanted to pull him to the side of the alleyway and kiss those small lips of him and be lost in the ecstasy of him.

He was a drug, a thirst she can never quenched.

She awaits for that day.

When his hands grazed the back of her neck to gather all her hair at one said, she swore that everything around them had stopped moving just as her heart and breathing did. They were wrapped in a bubble that only the two of them could enter. His delicate hands left a trail of fire at a mere touch of her skin which was ironic since he is a Frost Giant. She hear him unclasp the necklace, and soon enough she felt the cool quartz touch her heated chest.

"There." He said in a rough voice, lower than his normal deep and husky voice. That voice alone could bring her to the very edge, to the brink of cloud 9.

The way she turned around seemed to take forever, and when she did, their eyes met. Hooded, darkened eyes. She opened her mouth, in a breathless voice she told him "Thank you."

They stood in silence, letting it fall around them, the sound of the town square unable to penetrate their own bubble. It spoke so many words. Endless words. With twinning deep breaths, they closed the distance. A previous ember became a fire that can stretch for miles when their lips met.

A fire that can burn Yggdrasil.

~~~~

Hellooooo! I hope you're having a good day, my lovelies.
I apologize that this is a very short chapter. Don't worry the upcoming chapters would be longer, I promise you. 

Also, I'm open to any suggestions on who can play Seraphina even if we have the picture of the girl in Chapter 2. I'm taking suggestions so feel free. :D

But thank you for reading and hope you enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment, I'd love to hear what you think!

Thank you

~Leannexo