•Chapter 40 (pt2) •

Sorry about last chapter. I know its not complete because my phone was messing up so I'm continuing it on this chapter. Important note at the bottom

Exscuse any mistakes

Laylah POV

"Its not his fucking time yet!" I yelled

"You don't know that" his grandma said. I looked at her in disbelief.

"You must want him to die! Are you listening to yourself!? You are trying to kill him!"

"We haven't decided yet. I have to discuss this with the rest of the family"

"No you dont! You are not pulling the plug and that is final!"

"Its not your decision ma'am" the doctor said.

"Don't you say shit to me!" I starred at them and sat down beside his bed.

"Why are you here anyway? You arent apart of his family" his grandma said

"I'm his girlfriend. And I'm not leaving" I crossed my legs and got comfortable in the small chair.

"Oh please yall dated for a few months" she scoffed. I ignored her and looked at Bryson. He had machines hooked up to him and a tube down his throat. He looked like he was uncomfortable so I fixed his pillow and carefully repositioned his head.

"Babe" I said lowly and I gently rubbed his arm. He didn't move one bit. The whole room was silent all I heard was the beeping of the machines. A single tear fell down my eye.

"I'm going to make a phone call. When I come back I want you gone" he grandma said before leaving. I didn't pay her no mind. The doctor stood there watching me silently. I looked at him waiting for him to leave.

"Im sor-" he started to say

"Get out" I huffed. I could feel more tears coming down my face but I wiped them away. Crying isnt going to help him.

The doctor quickly nodded his head and walked out the room. I looked back at Bryson. And kissed his cheek as I squeezed his hand.

"I got you baby" I mumbled. "Please wake up" another tear fell down my eye and I sniffed. "Just show me a sign or something so I know you're going to be ok" but he didn't. He didn't move at all.

I sighed and let him go. I leaned back in the chair and bit my lip as I watched his blood pressure go up. It was weird because it always stay the same. It stayed like that for a few more seconds before it went back to normal. I guess that was my sign.

"I'm sorry Bry" I fanned my eyes as I tried to dry my tears. Im getting sick and tired of this shit. He's been like this for almost a year now all because of me. I was suppose to be like this. Not him.

I sat in silence and watched him. I did this everyday and nothing changed. But I will not let them pull the plug. That's not going to happen.

"Did you hear that bull Bry?" I chuckled even tho nothing was funny. He didn't answer me. "...they are thinking about pulling the plug" I shook my head. "Don't worry tho. I ain't gone let them do that" I leaned forward and gently rubbed his cheek. "Because I know you gone be fine. You probably ain't ready to wake up yet"

A few seconds later my phone ringed meaning I had a phone call. I looked at the caller ID to see a picture of Dantasia. I answered the phone.

"Hey Ms. Waters" she sounded happy as usual.

"Hey Dantasia. How are you?"

"Im good. And you?"

"I'm alive so that's good"