•Chapter 5•

Laylah POV
(5:00)
I just got off of work. I had to work at the daycare so I'm just driving to Kayla house to spend some time with my nephew since she is sick I don't want her to get stressed.

I put my phone on the aux cord and scrolled down my YouTube playlist as I stopped at the red light. I stopped when i saw a Bryson Tiller song on it.

"Kayla" I mumbled. Kayla knows my password so she adds songs on my playlist alot so I knew she did it.

I clicked on the song and it is called Self Righteous.
As I drove I listened to the words.

"Ok I like this song" mumbled.

The rest of the ride I listened to almost his whole album.

------

"Girl so you mean to tell me the Bryson Tiller DM you and you shut him down?" Kayla asked with a surprised look. I just laughed as I watched Kyle run around the house.

"Hello" she snapped her fingers

"What" I rolled my eyes

"Answer me" she said

"Look Kay do you know how many people make fake Bryson Tiller accounts on Instagram. It's probably some person I know from a long time ago trying to talk to me"

"Then why did he text 'do you remember me' ?"

"Ion know" I got up and started walking to the bath room.

When I was done i walked out to see Kayla texting on my phone.

"Give me my phone!" I snatched it out her hand and went straight to my DM.

"I'm sorry but I had to do it" she smiled

Hey I'm sorry I was rude to you yesterday.
-me

"Why would you text him that? Now he's gonna think it was me" I whined and sat back down on the sofa.

"Because I wanna meet my future husband now tell me if he text back"

After a few minutes he never text back and tbh I didn't care.

"Auntie I got a girlfriend" Kyle sat next to me.

"Oh really? You only 4" I laughed as Kayla shook her head.

"So she cute too"

"Oh for real? What's the lil bitch name?" Kayla asked

"Kayla!" I yelled

"What I just asked a question"

"Ignore yo mama baby" I said

"Her name Erica. She 6 and she go to the park all the time" he answered

"You like girls older than you?"

"Yep cuz these young hoes aunt loyal" he said

"Boy! Stop that damn cussing! I done told you bout that shit" Kayla said strictly

"Oop my bad mommy" he covered his mouth. I shook my head and I watched him walk to his room.

"He get that from you" I said to Kayla

"Nuh uh"

"Yes huh. You curse all the time around that boy and you expect him not to do the same"

"But...yeah you right. Ever since Kyle went to jail Kyle been acting up lately. I know he misses his dad but there is nothing I can do"

"I know. Kyle was a coo dude until he got on cocai-"

"Shhh! I didn't tell Kyle all that yet"

"When you gone tell him?"