Chapter XX. Found

Last chapter 😔 I actually enjoyed writing this book, I didn't know it would get this much attention, or else I would have made it longer.
_________
"Get dressed, we're going out." I heard her say as she left the kitchen.

***

I kept my eyes out the window, not really focusing on where we're headed. I had a guess or two; she's either taking me to a hospital or a mental institution.

I wouldn't be that surprised if it was the latter.

I mainly just leaned my head on the window while Taylor drove with the radio on. My mind was dazing in and out of reality as I kept thinking why she's still here and why haven't I just stayed home. I'm not mentally prepared for a hang out. This is so sudden. It's way out of my routine.

I hate it...

I tried thinking of possibly less depressing and anxious things. Birds, strawberries, counting up until I reached fifty seven and got bored, stars, my comfy bed that I could have been sle-

"Oh shit!" I shriek as I sit up, nearly hitting my head with the roof of her car.

"What? What happened?!" Taylor asks quickly.

"I have work, it's Wednesday, wh-"

"Jesus, calm down. I already called in that you're sick. " she breathes out. "I thought you were having a heart attack or something."

"Damn it, Taylor. I'm already on my second warning." I mumble in frustration as I close my eyes and hold the bridges of my nose.

"Second warning? What were you doing?" She snorted.

I frowned. "I don't know, I just keep messing things up when I think they're right." I shrug and look out the window to my right again.

I was dozing off by the time Taylor pulled up in front of an all too familiar place. The lake house.

"What are we doing here?" I ask, sitting up against the seat properly and look at her. I felt my heart pick up its pace as I remember the three times I've been here. 

She turned off the ignitiontion and took the key, along with a key chain that has a bunch of keys hung in it from the compartment. "Let's go."

She rushed out and I quickly take off my seatbelt and hurry after her. What on earth is she thinking of now?

I hurried up the three short steps and reached her at the front door while she unlocked it. She pulled me inside by my wrist, leaving the door open and I almost tripped as she started running with my wrist tight in her grip.

I assume the house is empty since we didn't come across any of her parents, and I nearly yelp when she suddenly stopped as we reached the back door and she opened it, and resumed running.

She pushed the brown painted fence door of the backyard and she dragged me on the grass in the warm air of the last month of summer, all the way to the lake. "What are we doing here?!" I ask again, as I'm heaving from the lack of air.

She slows down, as do I, until we reach the edge of the lake. "It's pretty, isn't it?" Taylor breathes. She's panting as well, not as much as I am though.