Chapter IX. Ray

Harry's POV

"Sure, no problem."

"Oh thank you so much, bro. It means a lot."

"Yeah don't worry about it, everything will be ready for tonight. "

"Thanks again, don't forget to stop by if you're not too busy."

"We'll see. I got to go now."

"Right, bye Harry."

"Bye."

I hang up and set down my phone. For some odd reason, my insides just suddenly decided to fuck with me and get me all anxious and nervous. She wouldn't want me to be there. I don't care how okay we were before she left me, she most likely won't want to even glance at my face.

"Harry!"

I jump in my seat and glare at the person standing at my office door, only to huff in annoyance. "What are you doing here?"

"Aw, aren't you happy to see me?"

I only keep glaring at her.

"Fine, fine." She rolls her eyes in a playful manner, then walks toward me with a package in her hands and she smiles again sickeningly sweet."I just stopped to give you these, maybe you'll stop being grumpy, even if it's just for a second."

She places it in front of me where the papers aren't covering my desk. I partly scrunch up my nose and look at her again, still frowning.

"I'll see you later?" She smiles and clasps her hands together.

I swear if it was possible, all my veins would pop from how much I'm trying to contain my frustration. "Just go." I whisper.

"Alright, bye sunshine. Don't stress too much." She winks and waves before finally getting out of the damned office.

Jesus Christ.

I stare at the package that's probably filled with pastries I could care less about right now.

It doesn't distract me enough, as I imagine the things that could be in it, when my mind wanders back to Taylor's memory in my mind. I don't think it'd be a good idea to go. What if she has someone now? How am I going to react? Or what if she changed and isn't the person I used to know? What if she sees me and realises she hates me? I can't handle that.

But then again, my curiosity in how she is, is overpowering my hesitancy. I'm certain she's still as beautiful, if not more. And she got promoted, apparently. It's about damn time really, she's always been outstanding in her job from what I remember. Why they have waited all this time to do it beats me.

Beeping fills my room and I answer the phone with a sigh.

"Mr Davidson is here, Mr Styles. "

"Let him in."

+++

I take off my shirt, followed by the rest of my clothes as I make my way to the bathroom and close the door, locking it. I take a long bath, hoping it'd somehow calm down my mind and I guess it did for a while.

I stand with a towel wrapped around my waist, and stare at the clothes hanging in my closet. The party started an hour or so ago, that I'm sure of. And I'm most likely going as I'm already wearing something proper for it, not thinking more of it. I just pray that nothing bad happens and...she's alright. That's all I want.

I reached the hotel sooner than I anticipated, my mind not resting one bit as I drove and still doesn't when I start walking inside, the reception fairly occupied by a few guests that I'm guessing are going to spend their night here. I don't wait for anyone to greet me as I pass by it to the hall, where the party and loud noise is at. The noise being loud chatter over the faint, calm Jazz music. I take a second, standing in the shadows, to appreciate how well my work turned out. I'd been a fan of this kind of music for a while now, ever since...ever since Taylor had left, I had formed a sort of serene routine for me to go through my days without guilt eating at me, and regret drowning me. And somehow, I always played Jazz radio stations when I wanted to fill the deafening silence at...home.