13

After the mess we were, Hunk volunteers to make us some food. 

"Hey Keith?" Shiro asks gently. "Can I talk to you?"

Lance and I lock eyes, he nods in approval.

I smile at Shiro. "Sure." I tried to hide my voice from shaking, I knew what was coming.

We walk in silence down the boring hallways. I don't dare use my voice because he would think I was having a stroke.

Finally we arrive at his room. The door slides open and I feel like I'm on trial.

Shiro sits on his bed and pats next to him, inviting me to sit. I hesitate and he seems to notice as his shoulders drop.

Eventually, I sit next to him. "I want to apologize." He says quietly.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "But you already did?"

Shiro rubs his head nervously. "Yes, but I think you deserve a better explanation."

I sit my head on my hand. "Ok, let's hear it."

He takes in a long breath, clapping his hands together. "Well you probably don't want me to mention it but, the simulators are a huge part of this."

I flinch, getting flashbacks from the days prior.

"Well those simulators brought up repressed memories."

I sit up slowly. "Like what?" I couldn't decide if I wanted to hear them.

"Well like my arm being cut off, I was awake for the entire thing."

My heart drops and a hand goes over my mouth.

"Haggar also constantly used her magic on me, to trick me into using my arm and testing it." He rubs his face. "I was using it on the weak prisoners, without even knowing. I was giving them more space in their prisons and killing defenseless creatures."

I couldn't move my body, the only thing I could feel was the hot tears that were making their way down my face.

Shiro's hand starts to shake. "Keith I like you a lot, so when I found out you were galra.... I lost it."

I mean I wouldn't blame him.

"When you went to go protect Allura, I didn't see your face, I saw a galras face that used to be my guard. He would drag me to and from haggar, and I'm pretty sure I killed him during my escape, so seeing his face was just..." He decides to not finish the rest of his train of thought.

Shiro looked at me with guilty eyes. "I'm sorry."

I wipe tears from his face along with mine. "I forgive you but, I still don't get something." I choke out.

He scrunches his eyebrows together. "What?"

"When I came to your cell, then you went bat shit crazy when you saw Lance?"

"I was emotionally unstable and jealous." Shiro looks at the floor.

"Shiro, can I go get Lance?" I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Uh, ya I guess." Shiro messed with his floof, showing me he was nervous.

"Okay I'll be right back."

-

I knew this interaction was going to be awkward when Keith started to pull on my jacket with bloodshot eyes.

"Woah, Keith-" My eyes widen as he goes for my arm and starts to pull me from where he came.

"Hey!" I raise my voice, I desperately try to tear my hand away from his grip, but I could barely get my hand to move.

He turns to me with a look that I couldn't identify.

Guilt? Sadness? Anger?

I could feel his eyes ripping through me, and once again I've fallen weak to his somber looks.

He takes my relaxed state as a signal for him to keep going. So he pulls me and don't try and fight back.

We end up staring at Shiros door, he takes in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry in advance for this, it's probably going to be very awkward." Before I have time to react the door slides open and I see Shiro sitting on his bed. I do my best not to have a reaction to him, he seems to be in a similar state as Keith.

"Hey Lance." His voice is hoarse.

"Hey." I respond lightly.

A long, heavy silence falls over the room and it's makes my skin crawl.

Surprisingly, Keith breaks the ice. "I think you two should talk." His voice is monotone.

"About what exactly?" I try to not put attitude into my voice.

"How about the night you came to see me in my cell at night to tell me that I liked Keith?" Shiro points out. "I won't forget the look on your face when you told me." He seems to be distant.

I'm taken back by his views. "What are you talking about Shiro? I literally asked "Do you like Keith" and you got really upset." I rubbed my chin.

"No, you we being a little shit. You were smirking and your voice seemed almost layered in evil."

"I could barely see the bars of your cell let alone your face." I roll my eyes.

"So are you saying I imagined all of that? Even hitting you in the face?"

I laugh. "Oh no that was very real. I lost quite a bit of blood that night."

"Lance that isn't funny." Keith's says annoyingly.

I stick my tongue out at him. Keith sighs.

"Well I would like to know why my simulations were so bad." Shiro breathes.

I put a hand on my hip. "You know, since the simulators are supposed to treat the galra worse, maybe it scanned your arm and recognized it as galra tech so it thought you were part galra?" I raise an eyebrow.

"That's actually a good theory, Lance." Shiro seems surprised by my analysis.

Keith rolls his eyes. "Yea apparently Lance is a analytic."

I gasp. "I'm a damn good one and you know it." I point at him.

He gives me a fond smile. "Sure, Lance."

Shiro clears his throat and the smiles fade. "Should we tell Pidge or Allura?" He questions.

"Yea we still need to do some final tests on those machines cause they can seem to have a mind of their own." I say sarcastically.

"Careful Lance, you've been right about a lot of things lately the last thing I need is killer machines." Keith wipes an eyebrow.

"Keith you do realize we pilot giant robotic killer lions that have a mind of their own?" Shiro informs him.

Keith pouts. "Leave me alone it's been along day.