8

My tears had started to make a puddle, soon I was going to drown in them.

"Lance!" My name was called out, my head is tilted up slowly.

Keith is on the ground, Shiro on top of him. Keith's eyes were deep, it seemed you could put your hand through them.

"Help me!" He choked. He struggled to get Shiro off of him, but the more he tried, the stronger Shiro's grip became.

Shiro turned to look at Lance, his eyes had no emotion in them. "What can you do to stop me?" He almost seemed computer generated.

I try to move towards them but I can't. My feet seem to be stuck to the spot I'm standing in. "Keith!" I reach out, but Shiro had already raised his arm activating it.

He brings it down in a single swipe, I see Keith's face fall to the side, watching the lights fade from his eyes. His eyes were cloudy, and he wasn't breathing.

"No!" I scream.

Then the floor beneath me disappears. The next thing I know I'm falling, everything is dark, then I hit water.

I'm drowning.

I can feel myself fading, but not without hearing three words.

"You're a coward."

-

I wake up with a gasp, tears clouded my vision.

"Lance?" Someone asks quietly.

I flinch at the sound. My hands were shaking. I can't look at him, those eyes will make me relapse.

My breathing is uneven and I feel like I'm losing air. "Lance." He says a little louder.

He makes his way to my bed, he doesn't say anything though. After a while, I calm down.

"Why were you in here Keith?" I ask wiping tears away.

"I um, I couldn't sleep so I wanted to come see you but then I remembered you were asleep." His breath hitches. "So stood outside your door for a while, but then I heard you scream my name."

"I-I had a nightmare." I say coldly.

"Oh um, do you want to talk about?"

I laugh. "Since when did you become a therapist?"

He sighs, and runs his hands through his hair. "Look Lance can you just tell me what it was about?"

"Well," I drift off. How do I even tell him? "I will if you tell me your fears from the simulators." I decide.

He freezes. "O-okay, but you first."

I take a deep breath. "Well at first, I was crying, so much that there was a puddle at my feet. Then I heard you call my name, Shiro was over your body and then he killed you. Then the floor beneath me disappeared, but someone said something to me, they called me a coward." I didn't realize but I had started to shake. Keith pulled me into a hug and wouldn't let me go.

"Keith, please let go I can't breathe." I choke.

He opens his arms fast, releasing me and turns away from me. "S-sorry."