Chapter 15: The Signs

Start from the beginning

They parted their ways at town, a happy, slightly sweaty Ezra went straight while a gasping Zeb went right to the gym.
Ezra went right on inside, heading to the janitors closet. Grabbing all his supplies and leaving to the auditorium to do what he came for. Starting with sweeping the trash from under seats and walkways, he pulled out his MP3 and began.
Two hours later, he was moping the stage which held a black grand piano before an idea came across his teenage mind. He unplugged his music and instead hooked it up to the speakers ox-cord. Light music came out and a smile slid across his face, unknown to the people about to come his way.
Zeb had just finished his work out plan and was on his way to the school for his little brother. Walking down the halls, he was stopped by the teacher who was responsible to keep an eye out for Ezra. Zeb furrowed his eyebrows, "Do ya mind me askin' what ya teach?" The brown haired man smiled, "Music. I was just about to tell Ezra he's free go. Come on." They headed off together through the hallways, footsteps echoing.

Ezra had long since finished and had unplugged everything to put away in his pocket. He was just laying on the piano bench, waiting for Zeb to get him.
He's already here for five days of the week, let's not add another one.
He sighed as he sat up and placed his hands on the white and black keys.
'It's here, might as well put it to use.'
His hands started dancing across the keys in a performance before he opened his mouth and said whatever came to mind. Not one part of him noticing the people in the large room.

The teacher and Zeb came to a stop outside the door before the sound of a piano filled their ears. Zeb smiled a nostalgic smile while the teacher held a confused look of furrowed eyebrows. Slowly opening the door, they quickly spotted the ponytailed teen sitting at the piano. Back straight, elbows at his side, closed eyes, and amazing voice were all it took before the man sat down in the back row of seats, Zeb following.
They sat and listened to the entire song, smiles on both faces.

They stood as did Ezra and started approaching him. The boy smiled and said happily, "Hello, my giant friend. Ready to run back?" Zeb chuckled and nodded as the teacher stood there with an open mouth. The man looked to the boy, "That was a pretty song. What's it called?"
Ezra furrowed his brows and rubbed the back of his neck, "Don't know but I wish I wrote it down. Oh well."
"What do you mean?"
"I just came up with it, Mr. Teacher."
The man chuckled lightly, "I would like you in my class, Ezra Bridger."
Ezra laughed and nodded, "Fine, if you can somehow fit that into my schedule then I'm all yours."
Ezra jumped off the stage and trudged his way up the steps to the doors with Zeb and the teacher. He grabbed the door handle before pausing, "Mr. Teacher? What's your name?"
"Mr. Kenobi."
Ezra smiled and looked back with a knowing look in his eyes, "Well hello new teach." Kenobi's eyes widened before he smiled back, the same look shining in his own pair of eyes.

The small crowd walked down the empty halls before Ezra stopped in the middle of four paths. He snapped his head to the left and frowned as a shadow left his line of view before he got a god look. He sighed and continued walking after the two conversing elders.
Zeb and Ezra redid some of their stretches and started at there light jog. The boy once again glanced out of the corner of his eye and saw a small, silver car pulling out of the parking lot, windows tinted. He shook his head and ran after Zeb, trying to catch up.

Running into the kitchen, both were sweating and gasping for water. Hera and Kanan watching with fond smiles.
Kanan was finishing up some old cases that had piled up and his wife was making some lunch for the two. After the two had finally gotten their drinks, they lightly started talking before Hera interrupted. She held up two envelopes, "Ezra, these came in the mail for you." The boy nodded and smirked at the first one, "Of course, Hans would know my address. Such a stalker I swear."
Everyone chuckled along with him as he opened it. The smile widened as he read before closing it, looking up at everyone. Kanan chuckled as he sipped his own glass of water, "Woah Kid, what's with the smile?"
"Hans got an email asking for my help. So basically I got a job." Kanan looked at him with a cautious face, "What kind of job?"
"I usually just help some musicians with music so nothing big but I get payed for it so I'm happy." Everyone nodded understanding why he was happy.
Ezra moved onto the other letter before a frown fell on his face. He slowly opened it while steeling his face.
Eyes slowly moved across the paper but it carefully put it back in the envelope. He looked at Kanan, "Can I use your pen really quick?"
No questions were asked as he passed it over, Ezra quickly writing across the front with neat and fast writing before swiftly giving it back. He abruptly walked out without a second glance, leaving everyone in shock silence.
A minute of glances before everyone rushed out of their seats, following him to the back door. Ezra ran outside, running a hand through his put up hair. He glanced back at his fami- foster family before  putting his hand to his mouth, blowing a ringing whistle.

Seconds later, a familiar orange wolf came rushing out and pounced on the boy making him land on his butt. Ezra smiled lightly before pushing him off, holding up the letter. Chopper sat down quietly and quickly, his eyes trained on the letter. Ezra put the letter up to the wolfs snout before a growl emitted from his chest, his mouth grabbing hold of it. The boy nodded with a frown, "Deliver it."
Chopper sprinted off without a second command and Ezra stood up to start walking towards the forest. The three other persons started walking off with him, silently wanting answers.

They walked for minutes before Ezra stopped in the middle of a path as he looked into the trees on his left. He smiled as three wolves jumped out. One of blue and white markings across his entire body, one with orange and white, and the other with a yellow, almost golden coat. They immediately started rubbing on him, the blue/white one jumping on and putting his paws on his shoulders. The wolf started to rub his head against Ezra's and the boy rubbed back as a sign of greeting.
Zeb cleared his throat, "Wha' are their names?"
Ezra pointed at the one hugging him, "This on is R2D2. Hans named these so I only know one of them. The orange one is BB-2, stands for Beast Boss. And the last one is C3PO which I have no idea what so ever. But come on we have to get a move on."

After 10 minutes of walking, they arrived at a familiar meadow with the old tree. Ezra ran up to the tree and went around the backside before popping up again with a small duffel bag. He walked back to the group and waved bye to the wolves who were watching fondly of the boy. As it was nearing sundown, the moon was slowly creeping over the tree line and the wolves tilt their heads back. As they released a howl in honor for the boy, Ezra chuckled and joined in.
Hera, Kanan, and Zeb listened and were shocked they couldn't tell the difference between them all.
After everything passed, they silently walked back to the house as no one bother to ask anything. As they reached the backyard, Chopper sat in front of the door with another letter in his mouth.
Ezra grabbed the envelope and opened the door and nodded, "Come on Chop, I'll give you some water."
And the wolf went in, expertly going to the kitchen where an exhausted Sabine sat, eating the boys lunch. She smiled at them, "So anything happen while I was gone? Oh hey Chop."
She looked at them expectingly as they all sighed except Ezra who smiled reassuringly, "Nope, but at detention, the teacher heard me playing the piano and wants me in his class so now I'm going to be extra busy. Nothing new."

Hello Peeps! I'm back! And what do you think of the wolves?!? And who do you think Chopper took the letter to?!!! Well I don't even know but I'm probably going to make some time skips. Sorry but I got to get some juicy crap up in this story. Any way, I'll see you later! Bye bye!!☺️☺️

-Momo