Chapter Thirty: Make You Feel My Love

One Year, Four Months and Five Days Later... 

Last day of high school. I never thought I'm going to be in this day. Okay, maybe I did but I never thought it's going to be this emotional. I know I've been here for, like, two years only but this school was like a second home to me. I had the opportunity to express myself as a singer, an actress... I never was like that back in New York. So, yeah, I was pretty much emotional since graduation's going to be tomorrow.

Today, though, was the last time I'm going to act in the school stage.

"God, Erin, your eyes are watering. Stop thinking about sad thoughts this instant! You're going to ruin your make up," Jennifer scolded me. She gave me a tissue and I carefully wiped my eyes. "What are you thinking about, anyway? Winston again?"

I gave her a look through the mirror. "No, I wasn't thinking about him. And why would I? I'm going to see him in a week!" I said excitedly. This was true. After one year of waiting for him, he's going back! And he's not going to return as a normal person. He's going to return as one of the most successful pianists in Broadway. I was so proud of him.

"I know that," she said, smiling at me. "But for now, you have to think about the musical, okay? This is very important. This is going to be the last time you're going to sing in this stage. You're moving on to Broadway the next time."

I smiled at that. "Hopefully."

Jennifer finished my make up after five minutes. When she was done, she handed me the shoulder-length blonde wig I'll have to wear for this musical. She grinned as I grimaced at the wig. "Come on. You'll have to put it on, you know."

"I know," I said, sighing as I took it out of her hands. "It's just... Blonde never suited me, you know. But I guess you can't be black-haired if you're starring at a musical called Legally Blonde."

Yes, that's right. I'm going to be the leading actress in our school's adaptation of the musical Legally Blonde. I'm going to be Elle Woods. This was going to be the last musical I'm going to be in this school so I have to make the best of it.

Of course, Howard's going to be Emmett Forrest and for the first time in forever, Wendy's going to be only the supporting actress, which was being my friend Serena. A lot of people were shock about this, including me. I mean, I auditioned for Elle Woods, but I never thought I'm going to get the lead character.

And so, taking a very big breath, I put on the blonde wig. Jennifer smiled at me and then checked her watch. "It's going to start in three minutes, tops. I'll be on my seat with Charlotte, okay? And oh, good luck, Erin," she said and hugged me.

"Thanks," I whispered and then she left.

I walked to the backstage, where Mrs. Parker and the girls who's going to sing in the start were huddling. Wendy was the first one who saw me and she smiled slightly. We weren't close friends, but we were still friends, nonetheless. 

"You look really pretty," she told me.

"Thanks," I said, shooting her a grateful smile. "You too, Serena."

She grinned. "Good luck. Of course you don't need it because I know you'll do fine, but still... good luck."

"You, too. Hope you don't trip on the floor," I teased her. She tripped on the floor during rehearsals a lot of time. 

She rolled her eyes. "Hopefully I wouldn't. My mom's here, you know. She flew all the way to Spain just to see me act."

"Well, then, in that case, I know you'll do well."