Epilogue: A Son's Letter

Fifteen Years Later...

"Winston!" Erin called as she slipped on her coat. "Come on, we're going to be late for our premier."

"Just a minute, sweetheart," Winston called back as he finished the letter that he was writing.

Winston's wife went inside his study room and put her arms around him. "What's that? A letter for whom?" she asked and then kissed his cheek.

"For Josephine," he replied to Erin. "You know how hopeless she is with e-mails. It's always written letters for her."

Erin chuckled and sat down on the seat next to him. She stared at him with big dreamy eyes. Winston loved those eyes. "I hope she's going to be here," she said. "I mean, this is the first musical that I originated the role. And you're the one who wrote the music. How I wish Josephine would be here..."

"I know that, darling, but you know she couldn't," he said, sighing. "The doctor told her not to leave the house."

"Oh well," she said, shrugging. "She'll probably see the bootlegs my fans would post in the Internet."

"Josephine doesn't use computers, remember?"

"Then I'll guess I have to sing for her live someday." Erin grinned and kissed Winston's lips. "Come on. We don't want to be late," she whispered.

He smiled. "Okay."

"Can you actually believe that the Idina Menzel is going to watch?" she said excitedly. "And so would Andrew Lloyd Webber, your favorite composer! Maybe he would want you to partnership with him for some Tony award musical play?"

Winston laughed. "Fat chance that's going to happen. Come on," he said and the both of them stood up. He took Erin's hand and then they both left the house.

***

Josephine was looking outside her window when suddenly her nurse went to her and gave her a letter.

"It's a letter from Mr. and Mrs. Winston Andrews in New York," the nurse told her.

Josephine broke out into a smile. "Thank you," she said and took the letter.

The nurse left and Josephine opened the letter.

Dear Josephine,

It's the night of Erin's premier for this musical. This is a very special musical for the both of us. She originated the role, and I wrote the music. It was really fun working with my wife. I don't get why some people don't like working with their spouse. Erin was such a fun person to work with.

I know you haven't been in touch with the others, so I guess it's up to me to tell you what's currently happening to them in their lives.

Simon's still playing football. He's still a quarterback, I think. I'm not sure if that's what you call it. I'm not really fond with football, though Erin and I watch Simon in TV when he plays. And, oh, he's going to watch the musical with his third wife. I don't know how many wives he's going to marry in the future!

Mrs. Parker retired earlier this month and Gina replaced her being the Drama teacher. I guess she likes teaching kids how to act and sing onstage. She's still married with her wonderful husband, James.

Erin's friends - remember Hugh, Jennifer, Charlotte and Howard? Well, Hugh married Jennifer and Howard married Charlotte. They all live in New York, and Erin and I sometimes join them for dinner. It's amazing how their friendship never died for the past few years.

And Erin? Well, Erin's still beautiful. She's still amazing onstage. I think she's going to be the next Barba Streisand. I'm so sure of it. She never gets nervous every night when she acts. She's a natural. I wish you could see her right now. And oh, I almost forgot to tell you. She's going to take a maternity leave in five months. Yes, Josephine. She's pregnant. She's pregnant with our very first child! I thought it's too late, since she's already thirty-three. She and I are just so busy that having kids weren't really in our priorities but now she's pregnant.

Well, I guess you want to know stuff about me. I'm still a composer in Broadway. I'm still happy and I'm still in love with Erin. I miss you like crazy, Josephine. It's been months since I've last seen you. I promise, after the whole musical craziness, I'm going to visit you. I promise.

And so this letter has come to an end. I love you, Josephine. I'll give your love to Erin.

Your always loving son, Winston.

Josephine smiled, her eyes watering. Even though she's holed up inside this home for old people, she's glad that the people she really cared about were having the time of their lives. She had already lived that life, and she's happy.

She looked out of the window once again and smiled. "Oh, Rachel. Thank you for giving me the opportunity of taking care of your son. I know I made a good job of bringing him up. I hope you're here to see how amazing he is," she said and closed her eyes.

Meanwhile in London...

She was not wearing her old woman costume. She was just wearing the normal outfit she wears whenever she goes to bars. Or pubs, if that's what you call them here in Europe. She entered one, and immediately, a man went up to her with a nervous expression. "I... I think I know you."

She smiled sweetly back at him. "You must be Daniel Smith, right?" she said, her voice dropping low seductively.

"Yeah, I am," he replied nervously.

Daniel Smith - owner of one of the most expensive wines in Europe, womanizer, and player.

And someone who haven't paid her back.

"Well, Daniel, you've been a very bad boy."

______

Okay, I know the last part was a little bit vague but she's the person who cursed Rachel, Winston's mother! She's a witch, if you don't know what she is...

And omg! :o It's already over! I'm not that sad... I'm happy, though!

Hope you had fun with this story, because I really did! :) Thanks for sticking with me all throughout the story. You guys have been the best! I love you, readers. And I know it's cliche, but I just have to say it: There's no me without you guys! So long!

- Bella, xoxo.