Chapter 5

Chapter 5

~Franco's POV

I was just looking for some kits when Karah stood up behind me and took the helmet mask out of my head. She laugh at me like it was nothing serious. My face were blank in reaction, like I was devastated by her act.

"What did you do..." I said, but its almost a whisper that she didnt mind.

In a moment, we heard an outraging engines outside of the store. The first thing that came up on my head was to hide but I cant even freakin move my feet. And when I try to breathe, even it was just little, I started to feel inside my chest. Its wrapping me inside.

On the next moment, someone barges inside. I reach for Karah to help me out because the air were really conceding my body. When she put it on my head, the next thing I saw was she was pulled by tall man. And everything goes in a blur until my head lands on the floor.

When I wake up, the air feels cold and everything is dark. I tried to stand up, I still feel not good though. I search for Karah but when I do, I remembered what happen before I passed out. I get my bags and leave the convenience. The only thing that gives light to the whole place were the moon. I was lucky to grab some flashlights.

And so I walk across the street, searching for her. It could be possible that she hasnt gone so far.

I wanna shout her name, call her off by the street but on the side thought, I dont want go drawn some attetion.

I dont know what would I do if something bad happened to her. I cant go back to the perimeter without her.

I dont know were to lead. I have no idea who are the people who took Karah. I hope she is well on their hands.

I stopped for a second, I sit on beside the street. I felt hunger as I take a rest. I took some chips on the bag and eat it. I brougt her bag, wish that I could stumble her upon the road.

While taking a break. You can feel it in yourself that you're not alone. At first, I didnt mind it because my head were just focused on how to find Karah. But on a latter moment, I foresee a shadow and that goes my curiosity to follow whoever that is. I hid for the mean time the bags to catch that person without a problem.

I see him took the narrow street between the buildings. Maybe, they have Karah, so whatever might happen. It was always for Karah.

I was just upset that she rejected me.

The street were dark, only to know that the place were dead end. I was cornered. My visions were dark, obviouslg, until someone talk and hold me up.

"Dont try to make a move, or I'll shoot you." He ordered.

On his voice direction, hes at my back. My hands were up, sense not to do something stupid.

"I was just looking for my friend. I mean no harm. Please..." I said.

"Where's your camp?" He asked.

"I just need to find--"

"Where did you live?!" He shouted as to interrupt me.

"A-at the bunker." I answered.

"What did you say?" He asked, didnt he heard what I say?

"Bunker." I said.

I notice the silence for a few minutes. I know theres something to him.

"What are you doing here on the outside, Franco?" When he said my name. I knew theres something on him. "Why did they let you out? Did they give up on you? And whose stupid come along with you?" He smirked.

"If Im not mistaken, you're Travino."

He laughed, "right! Franco! What a lucky guess." He said, "And who are you looking for?"

"Karah." I said.

"The good daughter of Troi." He smirked. "And what happened to the military's son? Still a coward?" He jokes.

"Travino, if you could help me to find her, please I need it."

"Well..." He grabbed my wrist as we walked out the dark. "First, let me do this for you."

When his hands are reaching for my helmet. I push him away to stop.

"What are you doing?! The last time Im not wearing it. It slowly kills me!" I blurted.

But instead he laughed, "its normal, Franco. Its a body reaction when you breathe the earth's air. You wont die. Trust me."

"Im the one whose taking it off!" I demanded.

"Whatever you need, kid."

Just like I said, Im the one who took off the helmet mask. I waited for the body reaction but nothing happen. When I look at Travino, he just shrugged looking at me.

"So, where did Karah go?" He asked.

My forehead creased as I try to remember the face of the man who took Karah but I cant fully recognize it.

"I dont remember the face but it was a tall man."

"Not clear enough." He said, "I kinda see some tall men around the border. Get your information straight, kid."

As I thought, I remember something. "They have trucks, as what their engine boosted."

He stopped for a moment, and look at me straight. After of few months, he didnt had a time to shave those beards. That makes him old cause it turns gray.

"You didnt say tall man right?"

I raised my brow, "yes, I did."

He washed his face with his hand, "you got a big problem, Franco."

"What? I dont understand."

"You dont because you dont know them and I did. They were notorious. They were the king of this city."

"H-how can we save Karah?" I asked.

He just looked at me. He couldnt give me answer. I dont know what to do knowing that Karah is in danger. But I have to do something.

I have to save her. It might be a long shot, but it'll be worth it.