6 line poems

(A/N: If you couldn't guess by the title, this prompt was to make a poem with six lines. However, it wasn't just any six lined poem, we had to personify an object in the room in six lines while using similes/metaphors/both. I made two in class, a flag and a light (the lights in the classroom were weird, so sorry if anyone gets confused). I promise I did it in 6 lines, but depending on your device it may change. Anywhodle, enjoy!!)

"Lonely Soldier"

The flag sits left of the wall's corner, laying in wait of salute.

Thin pole with flowing cloth like the calm, dancing waves of deep blue oceans,

shadows burrow in the bright folds of fabric.

A single black arm stands at attention,

like a lone soldier watching the play out of a bloody war.

A swish and 50 stars bunch withing the creases of extinguished cries.

"Holding Glow"

Lights swing from ceiling strings, below white cracked tiles.

Long wide spindles with gaps of light,

like bright sun rays seeping through parted clouds.

The metal glimmers along it's rough back.

A silver body encases the warm glow like a mother holding a small frightened child close.

One flick and the body lets go.

(A/N: If anyone decides to make there own 6 line poem send it to me! I would love to read it!! And I love hearing comments, so don't be scared to share your opinion ^-^)