ı 47 ı Fairy Tale

Start from the beginning

"Bye mommy!" Theo waves.

"Bye Blair-Bear!" Joel waves with Theo.

I laugh to myself before closing the door, coming face to face with the three girls that stand before me. Caroline holds a clipboard in hand, while Elena holds a make-up brush. Christina holds a curling iron and Bonnie holds my packaged dress that arrived yesterday.

"Are you ready to get glammed up?" Caroline asks excitedly.

∆ ∆ ∆

I've spend over two hours sitting in a chair, having myself remade into an entirely new and improved person. I don't think I've ever had so much make-up on me in my life. The girls all stand back, admiring their finished product. "Holy shit." Christina blurts out, eyes wide in amazement.

"Wow," Bonnie whispers, her jaw open.

"Oh my god." Elena smiles, twirling the make-up brush proudly in her hand.

"Oh Blair," Caroline says, tears in her eyes. "James is going to cry," she says. "Damn it, I'm even crying." She laughs lightly, fanning her eyes.

"Can I look-"

"No!" they all shout at once. "Not until you have the dress on," Caroline says.

I don't complain, as frankly I don't know the do's and don'ts of a wedding. I allow them to slip the dress on me, standing still as they tie the back a perfect size and poof out the whole dress to make it nice and beautiful. After a few minutes they stand back, fixing the final touches of my hair and make-up.

"I think we're ready." Caroline nods her head. "What's the time?"

"It starts in half an hour," Elena informs her, checking her phone.

"You can have a look," Caroline encourages, directing me to the mirror behind me.

I stare into the mirror, staring at my own reflection. In the mirror I see a grown woman. I see someone who has gone through hell, yet came out the other side looking like a freaking princess. My dress sits perfectly on my body, the strapless top snugging my body in all the right places. The rest of the dress is full of light, flowly layers that get bigger and bigger at the bottom, the perfect ballroom style.

In this moment I feel so proud of how far I've come, and I begin to feel tears forming in my eyes. "Oh my god," I croak, fanning my face to prevent myself from crying.

"Don't cry! You're going to mess up our beautiful work!" Caroline hushes, pulling my hands away from my face.

"Guys it's beautiful. Thank you so much for everything, for making this day memorable." I smile with shining eyes.

They all send me warm smiles, patting me on my shoulder. "Of course, Blair. You deserve it," Caroline says, wrapping me in a gentle hug. "Now let's get you to the wedding. Don't wanna be late!"

∆ ∆ ∆

We arrive at the destination with five minutes to spare, the gravel parking lot filled with cars, as everyone waits inside. The wedding is taking place at a large furnished barn, located outside in a beautiful place. It's surrounded by trees, and creates the most perfect atmosphere. Caroline picked an amazing venue.

As we get out of the car I suddenly begin to feel very nervous, and find my head getting dizzy, the whole room spinning. I almost trip in my heels as we make our way across the grass into the front of the building where the barn doors stay closed. Elena, Bonnie and Christina take off towards the back of the building in their bridesmaid gowns, while Caroline stays with me.