ı 23 ı Deal with the Devil

˙ ˙ ˙

"You can take all I've got 'till I'm skin and bone"

˙ ˙ ˙

A SOCIOPATH is a person described as someone with a personality disorder, with extreme antisocial attitudes. They are often intelligent, manipulative, charming, unreliable, and make irrational decisions based on poor judgement. In other words, I have no idea whether to believe Kai has actually linked my life to his, or if he's grasping onto one of his last strings in attempt to survive.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I question him, the phone still placed against my ear. All the vampires in the room who are listening to the call are deadly still, hanging onto my every word. "You can't do magic inside the border."

"Maybe not, but it just so happens I have two legs that allow me to step outside the border. Besides, it wasn't hard to find belongings of yours inside this old house," he explains, but I still don't believe him.

"I don't believe you," I say flatly. "Prove it," I encourage him, earning myself a glare from James, Stefan and Damon.

In less than a second I feel a burning sensation come from my hand, causing me to hiss in pain and drop my phone. I watch in front of my eyes as a single letter is drawn onto the back of my hand. It's a capital 'K' and beside it is a smily face :).

I resist the urge to growl as I pick up the phone from the floor, everyone in the room silent. "Believe me now?" he teases.

"What do you want?" I ask lowly, watching as the cut heals on my hand.

"I never thought you'd ask!" he cheers sarcastically. "I only want two things: my sister's magical knife and the ascendent."

"Neither of those involve Theo, so tell me why the hell you need him," I growl, growing more and more impatient by the second.

"For one, he's great company. He's not really a talker, more of a cryer but I can deal with that. Two, he's a witch, so he's perfect for me to summon magic from. And three, he's leverage," he explains nonchalantly, like this is completely normal for him.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on him, you hear me? I'll get you your stupid ascendent and your stupid knife, but please just don't hurt him," I plead, begging desperately. I don't care if I sound weak. Theo is one of my weaknesses. 

"I'll see you tomorrow morning at the cemetery, 8 a.m sharp! Have a nice night, Blair," Kai says, before ending the call. I keep the phone to my ear several seconds after the call ends, the line humming back to me before I slowly hand the phone back to Damon.

"What the hell were you thinking Blair?" Damon scolds me.

"We can't give the ascendent and knife over!" Alaric says fearfully, Jo clutching his hand.

"We won't have to," James says, trailing onto my plan. "He'll meet up with Blair, think he's getting what he wants when in reality he'll be defensiveness, assuming he stays behind the border. We'll have the perfect chance to catch him off guard, and lock him up."

"That way we'll get Theo back while capturing Kai at the same time!" Caroline exclaims, relief flooding her face.

I let out a small smile, pretending to be excited. "Sound good?" James asks me, nudging me in the arm. I turn to him and nod, resting my head on his shoulder as I silently curse myself for the crime I'm about to commit. He doesn't know I have my own plan for getting Theo back. One that doesn't involve any of them.