ı 14 ı On My Mind

˙ ˙ ˙

"It's been a hell of a ride, driving the edge of a knife."

˙ ˙ ˙

TWO MONTHS LATER

I thought by returning things back to normal, I would be able to find closure better. In some ways I had, as not a day after we returned from New Orleans I broke down. The tears were for Bonnie and Bonnie only, and that seemed to be punishment enough. Ever since that night I've felt more complete, but every day I still feel as if I'm missing something, like there was something more Elijah wanted me to do.

"You need to find others who were touched by Bonnie," Elijah's voice rings in my head.

"How do I do that? They're all several hours away," I remember saying.

"I think you just answered your own question."

"Blair?" Logan says, snapping his fingers from his office desk across from me.

"Hmm?" I turn my gaze to him, returning back to reality.

"You alright?" he asks with a smile.

Christina rolls her chair over to our station with wide eyes. "Did she faze out again? Blair, that's your tenth time in two months." 

"I'm fine, I was just thinking," I assure them.

"You see, normally I would believe you, but your cracked pencil speaks otherwise." Christina crosses her arms in a scolding manor.

Only now do I realize I was so deep in thought, I snapped my favourite drawing pencil in half. I take in a deep breath and sigh, suddenly feeling a craving for a drink. "James, wanna meet at the bar in twenty minutes?"  I ask in my mind.

Not a second later does James respond back . "Of course, anything for you love," he replies. I can almost hear the smirk on his face.

"You're such a flirt," I smile, not realizing Christina and Logan are still watching me.

"I know." 

"Why are you smiling?" Christina questions assertively, wanting desperately to figure me out.

"Because I can," I say proudly, getting up. "I'll see you guys later." 

I can hear both their voices whispering behind me, but I only smile and keep on walking.

∆ ∆ ∆

I walk into the bar, slightly surprised to see it's empty. I mean, usually there are more day drinkers than this. Fortunately, it makes finding James that much easier. I spot him sitting alone at the bar, his gaze placed upon the TV that airs some football game. I take a seat beside him, startling him a bit, but he soon relaxes as he takes in my figure.

"Hey," he says, giving me a quick kiss.

"Hey," I reply, shuffling in my seat until I'm comfortable. "You're here quicker than I thought you'd be."

"I was already here." He shrugs, causing me to become concerned.

"Why...?"

"Oh, nothing bad," he quickly says, realizing what it sounded like. "I was just about to call you down here right before you did." 

"Oh, how come?" I question, slightly excited.

"Well, it seems we have a lot to celebrate," he begins, causing me to raise a brow. "It appears I've reached full strength again, thanks to Freya's herbs and rations of blood. I'm officially clean."