ı 41 ı Fresh

˙ ˙ ˙

˙ ˙ ˙

"All that still matters is love ever after, after the life we've been through"

˙ ˙ ˙

THE NIGHT  was filled with giggles, laughter, and even a little bit of tears because we were laughing so hard. Theo is just a natural entertainer, and dinner with him was probably one of the best moments I've had all my life.

We went to the Mystic Grill for dinner, with Theo sitting on James's side of the booth while I sat opposite to them. For those whole two hours I thought nothing about what I did when I turned my humanity off, nothing about the tomb, or Caroline's pain. I didn't think about how upset or mad my brothers might be about me. I just thought about how happy I was, and for the first time in a while I actually felt hopeful for my future.

Tonight I saw what I want my future to look like, and it consists of the two beings beside me.  I see us as a family, and honestly that's all I've ever wanted. Finally I can see that happening, and it makes me so happy, I subconsciously let out a smile whenever I think about it. Actually, that's what I'm thinking about now.

"What are you smiling about?" James asks, looking over at me from the driver's side as we drive home from our eventful night. Theo stays passed out in the back seat, probably full on all the pasta and ice cream he ate.

"Just thinking," I say, in a teasing way.

James reaches across and takes my hand while keeping the other hand on the steering wheel. "About what exactly?" he questions.

"Just about all the things that make me happy." I smile as I glance at James and then back at Theo.

"And, are you happy?" he asks with his brow raised, glancing over.

"I'm always happy with you," I tell him. He only smiles, as he brings my hand up to his lips, planting a kiss on it. The simple gesture causes me to blush, but I find myself not able to look away from his perfect figure.

"I hope you know I feel the same way about you, you know," he says, still holding on tight to my hand.

"Of course I do. I love you," I finally say, staring at him.

"I love you too, Blair." He says, and in this moment everything is perfect.

We stay in this comfortable, loving silence for a few minutes when I finally decide to ask the question that has silently been floating around in the back of my mind all night. "James," I begin.

"Hmm?" he asks, causally glancing over at me while keeping an eye on the road.

"Are you mad at me? For earlier I mean when I didn't tell you the plan. I mean, I can't imagine what I must have put you through, and I'm incredibly sorry," I say. "I would never put myself in a dangerous situation again, which is why I had so many back up plans."