Confessions and Consequences

"What the bloody hell happened here?!" Rylan's voice bounced off the three remaining walls of the one of the many living rooms in Blagmoor Castle.

Blaze waved a hand, the other being busy lifting a teacup to his lips. "An intruder..." He shrugged, turning to where Lyra sat. "What did you call him, Ly?"

"Omega Taurus's one-man army." She said. "The Walking Apocalypse..."

"Blu and Thorn have gone to secure the perimeter." Blaine explained. "They left us to look after Lyra."

"Who was this guy?" Rylan questioned, walking straight towards his mate. "What did he want?!"

"Who do you think?" Blaze sighed, his green-eyed gaze locking on Lyra. "He was after her. Omega Taurus seem to want her back quite badly." He said. "Only her. They're not as fixated on the other two devils for some reason..."

"I should've been here." Rylan scowled, striding over to the small bar in the corner of his room, pouring himself a drink, muttering curses under his breath as the glass shattered in his clenching hand.

"Calm down." Blaze said, walking towards the man, blinking when a flying glass glanced past his head.

"Don't tell me what to do!" The Alpha King snarled. "Dammit! Why did I go to that stupid thing...? I'm supposed to be protecting her!"

"You went because you had to." Blaze sighed, taking a glass from the bar, filling it before handing it to the growling man. "You're the Alpha King, Rylan. You've got a duty to the rest of the Pack. We all do."

Rylan looked up at him, freezing when he spotted the blood dripping down the side of the blonde's face. "Blaze..." He whispered. "I'm so-"

"It's fine, Ry." He said. "Just drink your alcohol, calm your nerves, and spend some time with your mate..." He trailed off, having noticed the absence of the mate in question. "Where even is she...?"

Rylan swore, sprinting out into the corridor – his drink untouched – his eyes wide as he hurried around the castle trying to find her. She wasn't in their room. She wasn't in the kitchen. She wasn't out in the garden. In fact, it was only by chance that he found her hurrying towards the front door. "Lyra."

His voice made her freeze in her tracks.

"Where are you going?"

"Away." She stared determinedly into the distance.

"You're leaving." He said, matter-of-factly. It wasn't hard to put two and two together.

"I have to."

"Why?" His voice came out a broken whisper.

"It's not safe here. Not for me." She bit her lip. "Plus, if I go, then they'll stop attacking you here..."

"They'll attack us anyway." Rylan said, edging closer ever so slightly. "This place is their real target at the end of the day..."

"I have to go, Ry."

"Stay." He pleaded. "Please, Ly..."He trailed off, his voice cracking as he whispered his next words. "I love you..."

Tears leaked down her face. "Don't."

"What...?"

"Don't make me fall in love with you."

He took a step towards her, freezing when she flinched. "It's a little late for that, isn't it?"

"Don't make me say it."

"I need to hear it." Rylan said, watching as she turned to face him. "Don't make me beg."

"It goes against everything that's been drilled into me over the years... but I suppose there's no point in trying to hide it any longer..." Her brown eyes met his pale blue ones. "I love you, Rylan." With those words spoken, she spun back around, marching straight for the door, knowing that if she turned to face him again, she'd never end up leaving.

"Wait." Footsteps thudded behind her, a hand grabbing at her shoulder, pulling her to a standstill.

"What is it?"

"If you leave..." He spoke cautiously. "Omega Taurus won't be the only ones on your tail..."

Lyra blinked. "What are you saying?"

"I'll come after you." Rylan said, his words dripping with determination. "I'll turn this world upside-down to find you and I'll lay it at your feet so that you'll stay."

"You'd really do anything for me...?"

"Of course."

"Then forget about me."

His grip on her shoulder tightened ever so slightly. "Never." He said, twisting her around, crushing his lips against hers before she could get another word out.

This kiss wasn't like their first two. It wasn't gentle or soft. It was desperate.

That was why any thought of leaving vanished from Lyra's head, as Rylan's lips hungrily claimed hers, his arms wrapping tightly around her as her back collided with the nearest wall. Her teeth nipped playfully at his tongue, earning her a low contented rumble from his chest moments before he responded in kind. Hands wove their way through her hair, whilst hers rode up the expanse of his back, leaving a trail of goosebumps in their wake.

"Still thinking of leaving?" Rylan questioned, panting slightly as he stared down at her with smouldering blue eyes.

Lyra eyed up his neck, too caught up in the murky haze to realise what she was doing as her wolfish fangs descended, her teeth sinking into his collar in answer.

Rylan blinked, his lips half parted as sensations shot through him, the strange feelings flowing through him almost driving him to his knees. "You..." He whispered, staring down at her, his eyes aflame. "You marked me..."

Lyra blinked. "Oh, hell." She muttered, burying her face in his shirt.

"I suppose that means you're ready."

"Huh?" She glanced up at him, her eyes wide as his teeth sunk into the soft skin by her neck. White light emanated from both of their bond marks briefly, branding the marks onto their very souls while they stood in the corridor, utterly dumfounded as an odd sense of completeness drove the two of them to their knees. Small inky black lines wove out from their bitemarks, forming two new smaller matching patterns. "Rylan..." She slurred, leaning heavily against him.

He nuzzled at her neck. "Mine." He whispered, lapping at the bitemark on her pale white skin – his bitemark. "All mine."

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Yay. Double Update.

Hope you guys think that it wasn't too soon... I mean I've read werewolf books where the the main character meets her mate in the first chapter and is like "mark me! I love you - even though we just met five seconds ago!"

That, my friends, is called insta-love... and it just doesn't float my ship...

It's also not very relatable...

Not that sinking your fangs into your beloved's neck is very relatable either... Well... Nah. Not gonna go there.

Oh well.

Stay tuned for more jazz.

See ya all around.

-----