Shadows of the Past

When Lyra woke she blinked in confusion, staring up at the white ceiling she never remembered falling asleep under.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Blaze's voice made her pause.

She shot up off the unfamiliar sofa. "Where's Rylan?!"

"He carried you back inside before he left for the press conference." Blaze explained. "He didn't have a choice I'm afraid, Finn was very insistent about him getting this over and done with. It was either take you with him, or leave you here... and trust me, you'll be more comfortable here... especially if questions relating to your past come up." He shook his head. "If they found out about all your misdeeds before they found out about your circumstances..."

"He's basically going to tell the entire Pack that he's found his mate, and give them a few details about you." Blaine sat down on the other side of her, switching the TV on, revealing a very animated Rylan chatting with the newswoman. "See?"

"He'll be back in a couple of hours. Morning news only lasts until ten." Blaze reassured her, glancing sideways at her. "Would you like something to eat?" He asked. "You must be hungry after what you and Rylan did last night... out in the gardens..."

"He hasn't marked me yet." Lyra scowled, showing him her bare shoulder. "We didn't do anything except sleep."

"And cuddle." Blaine added.

"He could've marked you in a more private place for all I know..." The blonde grinned, at least until a hand slammed into the top of his head.

"Blaze, behave." A blue-haired Alpha sighed. "Lyra, breakfast is in the kitchen. Rylan made it before he left, and he's set some aside for you." Rain splattered across the windows, makingthe guy raise his voice thanks to thewind howling outside, the glass rattling dangerously.

"Looks like a storm's coming..." Blaze said. "Earlier than expected too... It wasn't supposed to come until we were all safely tucked away in bed..." White lightning shot down from the sky with a loud crack, making Lyra flinch. "Oy! Scaredy-cat." The blonde stared at her sceptically. "You can generate lightning, so you shouldn't be terrified of it..."

"This storm..." Lyra's eyes narrowed on the clear blue sky just outside Blagmoor Castles walls. "He's here."

"Huh?"

"Battle stations everyone." A second blonde strode into the room. "We've got an intruder."

"Thorn...?" Blu turned. "Are you certain?"

"I wouldn't be telling you if I wasn't." Thorn folded his arms, his red eyes scanning all of theirs. "The guards at the gate are dead, and we've got a rather localised storm brewing."

"He's here." Lyra sighed, grabbing the sword Thorn was holding out to Blaine. "Omega Taurus's one-man army..."

"You know who it is?" Blaze turned to her, holding a staff – his weapon of choice.

"Omega Taurus rarely ever use him..." She said, eyeing up the door, shifting her grip on her sword. "He's called the Walking Apocalypse for a reason."

"Have you ever fought with him?" Thorn glanced at her.

"He's called a one-man army, idiot." She rolled her eyes. "Nobody's ever went into battle with or against him and lived to tell about it... He destroys everything... Hence his other name..."

"My, my." A voice made her freeze. "I'm flattered."

Lyra spun, her sword arcing over a head full of ear-length white hair. Purple eyes surveyed her curiously, looking her up and down.