Chapter Thirteen: A Relatively Normal Day

Rylan was a cuddler.

Lyra couldn't deny that.

Not when she woke up at six in the morning with her mate at her back, snuggling her from behind. His breath brushed against her neck, his face buried in her hair, and his arms wrapped around her waist.

She wanted to curl up into a ball and die promptly.

But she couldn't.

There was no way in hell she was going to wake him up... plus she wouldn't deny it felt oddly nice. She'd slept well too, unlike most nights in her life, so maybe—

Lyra shook her head, face bright red. "Stupid bond," she muttered, pressing her face against her pillow. It wouldn't do for anyone to see her blushing, especially since that idiotic Alpha, Blaze, didn't seem to have any concept of personal boundaries.

"You awake already?"

His voice was husky, lined with sleep, his mouth—teeth—only millimetres away from the spot she knew most wolves marked their mates.

She'd seen enough of those with Omega Taurus.

"Yeah," she squeaked, trying to ignore the insistent tugging in her stomach.

The damned bond wanted her just to roll over and bare her neck to him.

Lyra refused to comply.

"You want to get breakfast, or do you want to stay in bed a bit longer?" he asked, his stare boring into her, the hairs on the back of her neck rising.

"Breakfast sounds great."

"Alright then," Rylan murmured, nuzzling into her neck for another awkward minute before finally relinquishing his hold. "Do you want to use the bathroom first or should I?"

"You can."

She bit her lip, wandering over to their gigantic wardrobe, ignoring the feeling of his eyes on her back. Oddly enough, she was completely fine with leaving her back to him.

Another damned side-effect of the bond.

Sighing, she pawed through all the racks of clothing, pulling herself away from her mate's comfy-looking sweaters and onto all her new clothes.

Blaze's preference in underwear was becoming all too apparent to her, and unsurprisingly it wasn't similar to hers in the slightest. She wanted normal boring pants, maybe ones with cute little wolves printed on them, not lacy and silky scraps of fabric which didn't cover a damn thing.

She picked up one of them, quietly investigating it, silently wondering how she was supposed to wear it.

It was not practical.

Not in the slightest.

How was she supposed to train while wearing that?

Though she doubted that was the exercise Blaze had been imagining when he'd ordered the black little lacy number for her.

Lyra reigned in her blush, cursing the annoying Alpha under her breath. Of course, he just had to make her thoughts venture in that direction... and he didn't even have to be in the room to do it.

"I'm done, Ly—"

She turned to him, still holding the item in question.

"Oh."

"Um," Lyra mumbled, staring right back at him.

"I'll... just go back to the bathroom now, bye."