Sharknado Is Also Not As Fun As It Looks

"He's not breathing," someone said as my senses slowly returned, his voice slightly familiar.

"How can he not be breathing, he's the son of Poseidon!" a more familiar female voice said.

"Calm down, he is breathing. He's fine. Look!" a third voice said, also female that I vaguely recognized.

"Percy?" the first girl said and someone held my hand.

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting at the bright sun. Reyna, Leo, and Piper's faces hovered above me. Piper had changed her shirt and her shoulder was bandaged but no blood leaked through it. Reyna was kneeling next to me, squeezing my hand. Her eyes were filled with worry.

"Ouch," I said. When I tried to sit up, I immediately felt nauseous.

"Stay down," Reyna said. "You need to rest."

I ignored her and carefully sat up with Piper's help, my head pounding. My entire body felt tender. When I tried to put my hand on my head, my shoulder throbbed. I glanced at it, noticing that it had been popped back into place. I gently touched the back of my head with my other hand, wincing when I did—which caused even more pain. My face felt swollen. I could feel dried blood matted into my hair.

We were sitting on the deck of the ship. The water around us had calmed and was a glittering green, almost the same color as the acid of the Hydra Clarisse killed when she saved Annabeth, Tyson, and me after we'd snuck out of Camp Half-Blood. The sun shone brightly above us and we were moving along steadily. We were officially in the Sea of Monsters.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You tell us," Leo said. "You went up to face Scylla while I steered the ship through the channel. Just as we'd passed it Piper came flying down here, saying you were fighting Scylla. We got far enough away from Scylla and Charybdis so they wouldn't kill us and we were waiting for you. Then all we saw was a blob fall from the cliff and land hard in the water, and never come back up."

"We guessed it had to be you, so I dove into the water to get you while Leo took care of Piper. He hooked up a rope and pulley system to pull you onto the ship. Then I popped your shoulder back into place," Reyna said. "You've got a few bruises on your face and a cut on the back of your head. We've been waiting for you to wake up to give you some ambrosia and nectar."

"How long have I been out?" I asked, gently feeling my face. It was slightly swollen, and the entire top half of my body ached. I guessed it was when I had slammed into the rocks beneath the water.

I gratefully accepted the square of ambrosia and canteen of nectar that Piper handed me. "Not long," she said.

"We only just pulled you out of the water a few minutes ago," Reyna said, and it was then that I noticed she was sopping wet.

"What happened up there?" Piper asked. "All I saw was you cut off one of Scylla's heads and then get thrown into the wall."

I rotated my neck, letting out a sigh of relief when the ambrosia and nectar began working. I could almost feel my face return to its normal size in seconds. "Well, that happened. Scylla cornered me and almost ate me, but I was able to cut off another one of her heads when she tried to drop me into all of her mouths at once. That's when I dislocated my shoulder. Then she backed me up to the edge of the cliff and I stabbed her and jumped off the cliff."

"But you've survived falls from that high before, you told me," Reyna said. "Why were you unconscious when I got to you?"

"Ah yes," I smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck. "That would probably be because of the rocks I hit after landing in the water."