43

The room was full with pink decorations. Her bed was covered pink sheet. She had soft round baby pink cushions on her bed. She was wearing fuchsia pajamas but Deokhye was ruining the whole bed room.

"Why are you wearing a pair of yellow pajamas?" Nari asked as she finished applying moisturizing cream on her face.

"Why? What's wrong with my yellow pajamas?"

"You're the only yellow thing in this place. Don't you think?"

"Stop changing the topic, Seo Nari. We were talking about what you and Youngbin talked about on the phone."

"Oh, that..." Nari uttered with a soft voice.

"Why did you call him again?" Deokhye asked as she jumped to Nari's bed.

"I wanted us to meet. I wanted to talk to him." There were so many wants in her mind but none of them could come out of her mouth as if she already forget them all.

"Out of all the boys, why did you call Youngbin? Why not Dawon? Why not Chani? Or Jaeyoon?"

"Jaeyoon? He's just s smooth talker." Nari said causing Deokhye to laugh as she agreed with her.

"Dawon... Yeah. I've actually thought of him but I changed my mind after scrolling through my contact list and saw Youngbin's name."

"Chani?"

"I thought he might already be sleeping."

"But you know he'll meet you whenever, wherever. Am I right?" Deokhye asked and Nari nodded. "But why Youngbin?"

"Because I saw his name on the cellphone screen!"

"That's not what you told me, Nari."

"That's what I said, though."

"No, Nari. That wasn't the reason why you chose him over the other boys."

"What else could it be, Deokhye?"

Deokhye sighed before she crossed her legs. "You believed he was the best choice among the nine boys, believing you could talk to him even about serious things."

"I wanted to ask him what I should do."

"Try asking him through the phone."

"No!"

"I... I just don't like asking about it through the phone. I even forgot what I had to ask!"

Deokhye laughed at how adorable Nari is. She said, "Okay. We'll go tomorrow to their place. Okay?"

•••

The two ladies, then, went to the boys' place. There was again the loud music.

"I'm nervous." Nari uttered which Deokhye laughed at.

"They are having a party. It should be fun - or I expect it to be fun." Deokhye said. She was trying to make Nari feel better but it was not helping.

Not wanting to waste more time, they rang on the doorbell.

But how would the doorbell be heard inside the house if their music was playing loud.

"I don't think we should wait for them. Let's just go in?" Deokhye said but Nari strongly disagreed. But she wasn't able to do anything when Deokhye already opened the gate and entered the boys's house.

"Look." Deokhye said, pointing inside the house. Nari peeped through the small opening uncovered by the curtain.

They were all having fun. They can see the boys laughing, chatting while having drinks in their hands...