25

Nari was brought to the hospital after her wound did not stop bleeding even after waiting for three hours for it to stop and dry.

"How many days has it already been since she was admitted to the hospital?" Taeyang asked as he swirled the flower with a long stem in the air.

"Three days." Zuho said.

"We haven't visited her yet." Chani said.

"I might go there after class. Anybody who wants to go with me?" Rowoon asked.

"You? Why?" Dawon asked before munching on the chips.

"I have something to ask her regarding the convenience store."

"Finally! I thought you will never have plans on like renovating that place." Dawon said with his mouth stuffed with food.

"She told me about doing something I love or I'm good at and probably make use of it to earn money." Rowoon said.

"Restaurant! I think that's what you got." Hwiyoung said and Rowoon widely smiled.

"Look at her speaking as if she's the best in counseling." Dawon said as he stuffed his mouth with more food.

"She's not just counseling. She's basically helping him." Inseong said as Dawon mock him silently.

"Inseong, he just imitated you." Chani said.

Inseong's eyes widened as Dawon just smiled at him like an idiot. Inseong raised his hand like he was going to hit him but Dawon didn't even get scared. He even stuck out his tongue.

•••

"I'll be home by 8pm."

"You'll stay in the hospital that long?" Youngbin asked.

"Not really... maybe?"

"I'll go with you then." Hwiyoung said.

"What if I tell you I'll stay just for thirty minutes then spend my remaining time anywhere else?" Rowoon said which caused Hwiyoung to glare at him.

"I'm just kidding. Might as well bring her Deokhye's notes."

"Shouldn't we bring that instead? We are her classmates." Taeyang said before he pouted.

"You can visit her tomorrow. It might burden her if we go there all together."

•••

"Are you alright? Orange? Apple?" Nari's mother asked.

Her parents quickly followed her when they heard she was admitted to a hospital. Nari didn't want to inform them but the doctor told her she needs help. She'll need her parents.

"Mom, I just ate my meal. I'm kind of full now."

"Honey, her illness is different. It can't just be cured by eating healthy foods. She needs special treatments." He father said which she agreed on.

Suddenly they heard a knock on the door. Soon, it swung open revealing Rowoon and Hwiyoung.

"A-are they your friends?" Her mother asked nervously. Nari just told them she got friends but did not tell them about her friends with more details.

Nari smiled at her mother as she nodded. "Let them in, please." She said.

Nari's mother put down the fruits she was holding and told the boys, "Come in. Take a seat." She said and the boys politely thanked her.

They handed the basket of food to Nari's mother and soon stood beside Nari's bed.

"How's school? How was the volleyball game?" Nari started.

"You really didn't know the result of the game?" Hwiyoung asked.

"Class 1 won, as usual. The referee always called the score an out even if it wasn't." Rowoon said.

"So playing the game, basically, is useless." Nari said which the two boys agreed on.

"By the way, when are you going to be discharged here?" Hwiyoung asked as he scanned the room with his eyes.

"We are worried about you. We are kind of used to have you around, you know, bothering us." Rowoon said earning a nudge from Hwiyoung.

Hwiyoung pointed at Nari's parents causing Rowoon to awkwardly smile at them. But soon Nari exchanged looks with her parents.

"I'm not sure. If the results of my tests will be released tomorrow and the doctor tells me I can safely leave this place, then I will. I'll surely attend the class the following day."

Hwiyoung suddenly fixed the blanket silently, spreading the ends of the sheet properly. "Are you cold? Your foot was uncovered awhile ago."

Nari smiled warmly as she shook her head, "I guess having guests warms up the room." Making the two boys laugh.

Suddenly, they heard another knock on the door.

"Ms. Seo Nari, am I right?" The nurse asked as her head popped through the opening on the door she made.

"The doctor wishes to see you in his office. The schedule for the operation should be -"

Nari's mother quickly stood ip and halted the nurse from speaking, "We understand. Will go there immediately." Before she mouthed "She has visitors." The nurse easily understood it so she nodded before leaving.

"Wait. Nari..." Hwiyoung turned his head facing Nari and talked with his soft voice. "Don't tell me-"

"Uh-hm!" She quickly shook her head. "It's nothing serious. Don't worry."

*****

Hello, everyone! Did you see the teaser SF9 uploaded on their Instagram? I can't wait for it. If there's going to be a physical album of it, I think I'll buy it with their debut album ❤️

By the way, thank you so much for the votes! This book is going up to #440 on the Fanfiction ranking. Thank you for the 4K reads and 377 votes! I'll work harder on writing the next chapters.

- lovingseoul ~