28

"How do I even find X if I don't have any clue of what the given values are for?" A question that keeps replaying on Nari's mind as more questions pop in her mind.

She slightly tugged on her hair as she kept on reviewing on her mind what she studied with the boys.

"Deokhye..."

"Oh, Nari? How was the review with the boys?" Deokhye asked while she was on the other end of the line.

"I have something to tell you, Deokhye." She said maintaining that serious tone.

"Wait..." Deokhye said after noticing Nari sounded so serious while talking. "Don't tell me you're confessing your feelings towards one of those boys?"

Nari sighed causing Deokhye to laugh it off telling her it was just a joke, "Why? Tell me comfortably, Nari. Don't worry. I'll listen."

"It's something serious, Deokhye."

"I understand. I won't joke around now. I swear."

"Can you go early to school tomorrow?"

"Sure. If you want me to."

"I can't tell you about this through the phone, I think."

"I understand. Just gather all your courage for tomorrow so you could tell me what it is about. Okay?" Deokhye said and they bid good byes.

While putting her things inside her bag, a piece of paper fell out from her notebooks.

It was a white ruled paper, with a rose drawn on the lower left corner.

Nari,

Hey, it's me. Youngbin. I just noticed you were avoiding me. Why? Did I do something wrong? Please tell me if I did. Just send me a message if you can't tell me personally. You know where you could find me in the morning and on every break time.

Get better soon!

Nari sighed as she carefully sat down on a chair. His penmanship looked nice. He even took time to draw a rose on the paper.

"How many times did he try to draw a rose?" She thought but soon she shook her head, changing her question. "Was it too obvious that I was distancing myself from him a bit?"

•••

Tomorrow came and she was all prepared to talk to Deokhye about her illness. She thought she might hurt Deokhye for not trusting her about her illness.

But she remembered another, talking to Youngbin.

While walking in the hallway, she could hear light footsteps. The footsteps were light but the heels were producing noises. That assured her it was a female student.

Until she reached her classroom, that was just when the noise disappeared. She thought the student's room was near hers.

Quickly exiting their classroom, she headed to the library. Her steps weren't heavy but her mind was blurry. She can't think of anything how to start the conversation with Youngbin. Her mind was rather heavy, thick, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

The light was already on. The door was widely opened. The aircon, as usual, was still not yet on.

"Come on, Youngbin. Just for today... No! For this week. Be my boyfriend. Let me show you to the -

Nari quickly pulled herself back and hid well behind the huge cabinet.

It's Mina again with Youngbin alone inside the library.