Chapter 30

As I make my way towards Math, I feel a body jump on top of me at the doorway, pushing me inside as we both fall to the floor. Looking up while trying to recover from the heavy impact and fall, I see a grinning Michael on the floor holding onto his stomach and laughing.

"You're so weak," he retorts, still holding on his stomach and trying to slow his laughter.

"Shut your fat ass up!" I yell jokingly as I get up and offer him my hand in assistance.

As Michael goes to reach it, Tyler and Luke walk in side by side and I can almost feel Luke's eye roll from where I'm standing assisting Michael. Luke's anger rising by the second fills the room as he goes to take his seat.

To make matters worse, Tyler being the little fucking douche bag he is, opens his mouth and just has to comment on every little thing he observes.

"I can cut the sexual tension between the two of you with a knife."

I roll my eyes because this little prick makes absolutely no fucking sense. What the fuck is so sexual about helping Michael up? Really?

As Tyler begins to push his sexual jokes about Michael and I, I begin to tense and my fists ball in anger. I seem to get angrier when I catch Luke's facial expression, staring at the floor looking pissed. He's keeping quiet and I can tell he wants to do otherwise.

Before I can speak against Tyler, Michael does and I feel a hand touch my back, beginning to rub in a circular motion.

"Tyler, shut the fuck up. The only sexual tension in this room is how bad you want Luke and how much he'd rather do a desk than you right now," Michael retorts and the few kids coming into class snicker as Tyler goes back to his seat next to Luke angrily.

Michael, still rubbing my back, causes mind to simmer down from anger.

"Why is it whenever Tyler so much as breathes, you get ready to pounce on him?" he whispers into my ear.

I turn my head to face him as I respond, "I don't know really; he just angers the fucking shit out of me with every intake of his own breath."

"Jealous?" Michael questions knowingly, resting his head slightly on my shoulder in a mocking manner.

"No, well nothing I'll ever admit to them," I say laughing, going to take a seat behind Luke and Michael's hand falls from my back.

I don't know why I took the seat behind Luke. I'm in the last row in the far corner and I know I won't be able to see the board from here, so there won't be any learning or participation coming from me today.

My hands fall to my lap and I see Luke's go to his back in search for mine. I grab his hand, intertwine our fingers, and I begin caressing his hand with my thumb. I know if I were to see his face, it would hold a sly shy expression because I'm not holding Michael's hand, I'm holding his and I know his mind is running triumphantly with that.

I feel Luke squeeze my hand and I know everything's okay. I know in this moment we'll be okay, somehow.

Right next to Luke, Tyler turns to face him, trying to reach for his free hand, but Luke smacks it away and Michael can't help but laugh while I'm just holding mine in and trying not get involved.

"what's wrong with you today?" Tyler asks, sadness clearly in his voice and I can't help but feel bad for the poor kid.

"Nothing. You're just being really clingy today and I'm not in the mood," Luke tries to say as kindly as he can, catching onto Tyler's sadness as well.

Our intertwined hands begin to become loose and as I'm going to drop them, Luke grips mine needingly and turns around and mouths to me a "Don't let go," that doesn't go unnoticed by a Michael who just shakes his head, and I can't help the guilt that fills me, but I don't drop Luke's hand being the selfish little boy I am whenever it comes to Luke and his affection toward me.