Chapter 55

*Luke's POV*

The days came and went quicker than I had expected them to or actually even wished them to, if I'm being completely honest with myself.

For the last three days, I've been waking up with Calum next to me or snuggled up into my side, with his legs intertwined with mine and our arms lazily around each other protectively. We haven't left this house since our paintball date on Thursday and neither of us seem to have an issue with that.

The both of us used the time to actually enjoy each other's company privately since becoming a couple, with shared kisses and stupid little arguments over what we were going to eat, who was going to cook or order out, and what we'd be watching.

Everything seemed so simple, so relaxed, almost natural with Calum and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend break than just with him, his random kisses and infectious laugh, especially whenever I'd wake up next to him with messy hair and chinky eyes, just like right now.

It's now Sunday afternoon, our last day of holiday break before we go back to school, when Calum finally begins to stir in my arms, letting out a small yawn and tightening his arms around me, signaling that he's awake.

We've been in this house alone for the majority of the time and a part of me couldn't help but think that this is how it could possibly be like for us if Calum and I actually had a future together.

We'd be living like this normally every day with a few issues here and there because we do argue over the simplest of things that could easily be avoided, but that's just us, it's always been us and I wouldn't trade us for the world right now or possibly ever. I wouldn't let go of this being my possible future, him being my possible future because for once, I feel safe being with someone not just physically, but mentally and I haven't felt that way for a long time.

"What are you thinking about?" Calum asks lowly, adjusting his head onto my chest and kissing at my neck tiredly.

Looking down at him, my eyes are met with his and a dopey lazy smile across his face as I go down to peck his lips.

"You, as always."

"You're too cheesy for your own good," Calum laughs, moving his kisses up my neck and lightly pressing his lips to mine in a soft touch while waving a hand through my messy morning hair.

Laughing into the kiss, I can feel Calum's smile against my lips before he pulls away, kissing at my neck slowly once again before stopping to suck an almost faded bruise he left a day or two ago as my phone begins to ring, interrupting him.

He straddles my waist, gripping my t-shirt to steady himself so he can successfully lean over to get my phone at the bedside table, purposely putting pressure on my growing bulge for him.

"Tease," I mutter out, holding on to his hip and trying to desperately stop his motion of his lower region against mine.

"Never," he laughs, handing me my phone and bringing his lips back to my now reformed bruise he's working on rather confidently.

The two of us soon forget about the ringing phone when Calum brings his hand down, palming my prominent bulge in my pants roughly.

Suddenly, my phone begins to ring again just as a moan slips from my mouth, displaying how pleased I am with the friction between Calum's hand and I.

"Pick it up," he groans irritatedly, getting off of me and picking up my t-shirt that was thrown to the ground by him last night.

"I love you!" I yell when I see him make his way out the room to what I assume is the bathroom as I silently decide on whether or not I want to answer my phone and whoever the hell is calling me.