⊰68⊱

🌹

I'm numb.

Everything feels numb while my mind disconnects from the reality that's around me. I'm not entirely sure if it is my reality because my senses are so dull and some are completely restricted. I feel harsh leather straps around my wrists, my arms stretching as far as they will go out to my sides. My ankles are unmovable, their own straps binding my feet to the floor where all I can do is barely lift onto my toes, my bare feet feeling the coolness from what feels like stone beneath my touch.

The rest of my senses are hard to comprehend. My eyes are shrouded in darkness, a leather strap across them along with a matching one between my teeth. I can only hear my very shallow breathing from the reverberations inside my chest because I feel like there's not a single sound around me, normally waking to one of those leaky faucets. I feel something strapped on the outside of my ears, binding around the back of my head.

My mind spins endlessly as I attempt to call for help, just to break through the barrier of any of their minds...Cormac and Marc...hell I'm not even marked by Dante and he I, but I strain to try...someone, I need to reach someone.

Everything is completely shut down, any strength I thought I once had is diminished.

I stand in silence, the steady beat of my heart the only thing I can feel besides the cold. I don't know how long I'm standing and restrained like this for, but my mind begins to wander and a pain forms in the center of my chest.

Why did they all allow Arthur to do this to me?

Why would they have even considered this plan if there was the possibility of him doing something like this?

Why did no one come for me?

My heart skips a beat, remembering what Dante had once said before to Marc;

"If you touch her again like this, I'll-" Marc is swiftly interrupted.

"You'll what?" Dante glares at him, "will you be the one to be there when Rose is fighting for her life alone? What if something like with Taft happens again? Hm? How are you going to do anything when her life is in her own hands?"

"She'll have us to protect her!" Marc's vivid anger climbs higher.

Dante snaps back, "How can you be so sure?"

When Marc says nothing, an eerie silence falling over us Dante states, "That's what I thought. Stop treating Rose like a delicate flower because she's not."

I can't fight if I'm weaker than my opponent...

I can't win if I don't know how to beat him...

Cormac...how did you think this was a good plan?

You're always hiding something...

...what are you hiding?

The air catches in my lungs when my ears are suddenly met with sound, the muffs lifting and away from my head. I can hear everything, boots walking against the stone, items being picked up here and there, but I don't understand what's happening fully around me.

It's not until I hear Arthur's voice that my stomach violently churns, "Did you sleep well princess?"

I can't say anything and I don't bother acknowledging him.

"Awe," his voice is sickly sweet, his fingers roughly grabbing my chin, "are you still upset with me for face fucking you?" He loosens his hold and pushes my head back before he chuckles, "Be thankful I didn't destroy your bond. I have my reasons for this...however, I'm very curious to confirm what I already know..."