⊰42⊱

Dedication for being the first person to correctly guess Taft's next torture method goes to: @BastiPlay75.

I love how all my sadistic readers came out last chapter. <3

 🌹 

🌹 

My muscles ache from the lack of oxygen that has been circulating to them, my wrists and ankles bruised in some areas while skin has rubbed off in others as a result of thrashing against my restraints. Breathing in and out very carefully, I'm actually thankful that I'm on my knees and unbound, parts of my clothes soaked from the water as my wet hair sticks to the back of my long-sleeved turtle neck sweater.

Even if I want to, I can't stand up and try to run for the door. When I glance up from staring at the concrete, my vision takes a few seconds to catch up, Taft standing before me with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"How did you come into Aohdan's possession?" His voice breaks the silence, the same question being asked over and over again. I don't know how many times I've heard it now, but it continues to float around in my mind.

"I was bought at an auction," I quietly say for what seems like the thousandth time.

Taft crouches to my level, my eyes having a hard time focusing on his gaze as he eyes me. He begins to fire off questions faster then I can process and keep up, attempting to evade him becomes harder by the second.

"Where were you born?" Taft narrows his eyes on me.

"I don't know," it's an honest answer, I'd never been told once in my life.

"What auction house were you sold at?" I think hard, but nothing comes to mind, Nolic Falls a distant memory at this point, hardly able to recall the name of the grocery story I tried to steal from.

My hands grasp my knees, having to rapidly blink my eyelids open and close to regain focus. I shake my head, "I don't remember."

"Who are your parents?" His voice irritates me, my hands clenching into fists while I try to not let it bother me further.

"They're human-" my eyes widen and my gaze falls to the ground, my heart beating erratically.

Taft chuckles darkly and states, "I wasn't questioning if they were human or not."

My vision crosses, exhaustion starting to take effect as my hands slip off my knees and I catch myself from falling forward to the floor. I just want him to go away, crawl back into the hell hole he came from.

"You were never sold at an auction," Taft grasps my chin with his hand and forces me to look up at him, "because Aohdan doesn't buy new slaves from auction houses...ever. He breeds or buys them directly from other covens," I don't show any sign of shock, remaining void of emotion as he asks, "setting that factor aside, why didn't Aohdan choose you as his selection for the winter solstice? Why did Cormac pick you?"