⊰47⊱

Absolutely love the gentleness in this cover

Absolutely love the gentleness in this cover. It's very soft and romantic, created by: @Dreamer2142. Thank you so much!

🌹

I'm not the only one sitting with apprehension in Niles' medical room. With a quick glance to my right, Cormac and Marc have a very eerie silence settled around them. Apart from the occasion whisper between the two, they don't speak to me. However, I'll take what I can get and notice that they are being cordial with one another.

They may not be buddy, buddy, but at least they aren't snipping at each other every chance they get.

There is something in Marc's eyes that puts me on edge, my wolf's happiness seeming to dwindle with every passing second. A hardness is not hidden well within his depths, averting his gaze from mine for a moment when Niles comes through one of the other doors that branches to another room.

In his hands, he holds images. He hardly stops near where I am sitting, an empty chair across from mine staring back at me. Niles moves toward the wall where he clips three images that are slightly darkened to the turned off back lighting boards, unable to really see what is on them.

After he is finished with the images, a file remains in his left hand. When his eyes fall away, he takes a quick look at Cormac and Marc before walking toward the empty chair.

I don't like this...not one bit.

"Okay," Niles appears to be figuring out where to begin, settling into the chair and leaning his back against it. His eyes finally meet mine, a wave of nervousness washing over me as I remain the one everyone is looking at. He parts his lips to speak, but nothing comes out. Instead, he shakes his head and sighs, "Let's start here," his eyes lock with mine, "do you know that you're pregnant?"

Practically like she's heading her own queen float at a parade, my wolf bounces with excitement, apparently this was the reveal she was waiting for. However...

...I stare back at him blankly, having to process the words he's just spoken a few times before a smile makes its way onto my lips. I begin to laugh, holding my stomach with one hand while I wipe tears from my eyes with the other.

I'm the only one laughing.

Why the fuck am I the only one laughing?

It's hilarious.

When I attempt to stop and reply, my words come out on another laugh saying, "You're joking."

"I'm a medical professional," Niles remains the same in the chair, "I don't joke about my patients' conditions Rose."

I'm slowly starting to laugh less, a more angry looking making its way onto my face as I ask, "Seriously? Is this a continuation of fuck with Rose's head day?"