Chapter 27

Tris POV:

His face grows pale. Before I can react, his hands drop the plastic stick, and his knees buckle. I scream as he hits the ground, his eyes rolling to the back of his head. I grab his shoulders and shake him.

"TOBIAS WAKE UP!!" I scream. I slap his face, but he stays silent. I keep shaking him until he lets out a groan. I gasp, tears streaming down my face as I pull his head into my chest.

"I hate you! God I fucking hate you!" I say, kissing his forehead. He moans again, and I rest his head on my lap.

"What happened?" He whispers. I sigh, biting my lip.

"You fainted after I told you...I'm pregnant." His eyes start to close again, and I slap him across the face, hard.

"OW! OK I'm awake." His eyes come back into focus with mine.

"You're really pregnant? With my baby." I nod, tears continuing to stream down my face. He sits up a little, brushing my face with his hands.

"I am so happy." He says, his voice in a croaky whisper. I look down, shocked.

"You-you aren't mad?" I croak. He sits up farther, kissing my forehead.

"Mad? You're having my baby! Sure its in planned, but we can make it work...unless-" he freezes, suddenly trailing off. I take a shuddering breath.

"Unless what?" He sighs

"You do...want to keep it, right?" I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Yes, I'm keeping it." He smiles. Then grimaces.

"OK, help me up." I grab his arm, and help him shakily to his feet. I lead him towards the bedroom, and he stretches across the bed. I lay on top of him, listening to his heart beat.

"A baby." He whispers . I nod. My hand finds his, and he grips it tightly. I feel a the slide down my cheek, he pushes me up, starting at my blotchy face.

"Baby what's wrong?" I let out a sob.

"I'm so sorry. I was on birth control and I must've missed a couple of days, and I know how you feel about kids-" He cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine.

"Tris, I am only hesitant about having kids because of my father, but you do not need to apologize." He says sternly. I nod.

He reaches for my shirt, pulling it up so my stomach is exposed.

"Hi little one, this is daddy. I am very excited to meet you, and I want to tell you that you have the most beautiful, and smart, and kind mommy. " He looks at me and smirks.

"And now daddy is telling you to hold on while he and mommy fool around." I let out a laugh as he pulls off his shirt and rids me the rest of mine. Our torsos press together, and his smirk grows as he glances at my chest.

"Pregnancy perks." He comments. I rolls my eyes before pressing my lips to his.