Chapter 15:

I hugged my body closer to my pillow. At least I thought it was my pillow; I didn't remember it being so hard. I ran my hand over a muscled surface.

That is definitely not my pillow. Ben?

I opened my eyes. It wasn't Ben. I screamed, and the figure's eyes shot open as he yelled, falling out of my bed.

"Axel, what the hell?" I pulled my blanket up to my chin.

"Good morning to you, too." He grumbled, sitting up.

"What were you doing in my bed?" I practically screeched.

"Well, last night you seemed pretty determined to sleep with me, so I thought you would feel more comfortable in your bed than the one I was making for me on the floor." He glared at me, rubbing his back.

I grabbed my head that started to throb. Some events of last night came back crystal clear while others were a bit hazy. I looked across my bedroom to find my clothes all over the place, and Axel's too. I took a peek under the blanket to find myself in only underwear and a gray oversized T-shirt. Axel, who was still sulking on the floor, was in his boxers. A horrifying thought flashed across my brain like a neon sign that read, you're an idiot!

  "Did we..."

  "Have sex?" He raised an eyebrow, and I could feel my cheeks begin to heat up at his bluntness. "Trust me, you would have remembered if we did." He winked at me.

  If we didn't... then why am I not in my clothes from last night?

"Did you change my clothes?!" I asked, furious.

"Hey, if it wasn't for me you would have gotten completely naked." He crossed his arms. "I had to force that shirt on you."

"Thank you," I whispered through my stunned embarrassment.

"You're welcome. I do have some rules; one of them being, not hooking up with a girl who's drunk out of her mind." He laughed. "I have to admit, you didn't make it easy for me."

  I made a face at him and immediately regretted it when a sharp pain shot up my right temple. I rubbed at it.

  "I-"

  "REBECCA?!" Tyler's voice boomed on the other side of my door. He was twisting the knob, but Axel must have locked my door. "Are you okay; I heard you screaming? Unlock the door!"

  I glanced at Axel, who's eyes were as wide as mine. We would both be dead if Tyler found him in my room like this.

  "I- I'm fine, Tyler! It was just a spider." I yelled.

  "What was that heavy thump I heard?"

  "Heavy?!" Axel whisper-exclaimed, and I motioned for him to shut up.

  "I killed it with one of my textbooks- I'm fine, Tyler."

  After a minutes pause he said, "Alright... You better start getting ready for school, or you'll be late."

  "Okay." I yelled, groaning inwardly.

  I felt like crap- and probably looked like it too. Not to mention I had a totally aggravating, almost completely naked, narcissist sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor. I sighed, flopping back down on my bed. I should probably start getting ready though. As I got up the T-shirt hit about mid thigh. I started to walk over to my closet when Axel whistled.