Chapter 47: I Indeed wouldn't mind Doing IT with You

Start from the beginning

"What, why?"

"It's a long story, I'll tell you everything about it, but lemme get some coffee first. I'll probably be busy the entire day as well, so I came to see you once more before I drown in business."

"You're mean, I came here to see you guys and talk to you, yet you're running away. Could it be that you have a crush on Alis, so you're avoiding her instead and making it look like it's our fault?" she asked as she let him go, trying to see if that was somehow possible. It was already suspicious that they were so close that he'd keep her by his side just because she lost her memories. What happened between the two? She was away just for few months, and now that she's back, Alis lost her memories and is probably besties with Niko.

Something was fishy.

Nikolas, on the other hand, pondered on her question. He recalled the previous night when he saw her almost giving Snake a blowjob, and how angry he was. Liking someone enough to want them in your bed and having a crush on someone were two different things, no?

"Not really, she's not my type," he answered, because having a crush on someone was more innocent and would eventually lead to love, and it wasn't Nik's thing. He was afraid of loving, he admits it. His position is dangerous, even more for his woman. He didn't want to live through what Vincent has when he lost his wife. So he avoided getting entangled in love more than anything.

"That long pause before you answered was uncalled for, could this be what they call 'denial'?" she silently mused to herself before throwing a glance to Vincent who was only giving her thumbs-up behind Nikolas who didn't see it.

Realizing that there is something grander behind this, she decided to let it go for now and talk about it later with Vincent.

"It's called 'not caring', now move, I need a strong coffee," he sighed before heading to the kitchen as Kaley followed him with enormous grin on her face, one that promised trouble. As of Vincent, he only warmly smiled while hiding his true intentions of hooking his son with that troublemaker Alis for as long as they're both beneath his roof.

         Sighing, as he finally escaped from Kaley who would undoubtedly keep asking him about his opinion on Alis, Nikolas proceeded to make himself a good coffee. There was too much to do and he prayed that he'll finish it all by the end of the day, seeing as his right hands won't be available for a while.

"It's all that midgets fault," which actually was, seeing as she brought him trouble with Nikolai by setting that prank up, then getting involved with mafia and not letting him get a wink of sleep which led to him going to the jail out of desperation.

His life would undoubtedly be much easier if it weren't for her, but it would've also been just as dull and empty as it always has had he not met her.

He won't have been framed formurder, either - but whatever.

"Y-you!" a voice he didn't expect to hear spoke and he turned his head to its owner with a glare. Speak of the wolf and it will turn up...

"Yes, it's me. I returned from the pits of Hell to drag you along with me, you can praise me now and fear my powers," with sarcasm lacing every word he spoke, her dumbfounded expression grew larger and larger.

"So you really are a devil, that explains many things," she mumbled to herself before coming inside and closer to him.

"Well..." she started as he ignored her previous statement and focused on making himself a coffee. She might've not been much of a tall person, but damn were those legs killers. He threw a quick glance of appreciation to her legs he could clearly see thanks to her wearing shorts before wondering how wasn't she freezing, it was almost winter after all.

Sure, it was warm in the mansion compared to the outside, but it was still not that warm enough to walk half-naked. Women and their ability to withstand cold. He recalled that miniskirt she wore when she ran outside as well.

"What?" he asked, annoyance clear in his voice as he tried to ignore pictures of him taking her on that kitchen counter his brain was mercilessly attacking him with.

"N-nothing," she lowered her head before looking around. She did not know who that man was, but he threatened to kill her and even held his gun pointed at someone before.

What if she pushes the wrong button and ends up being on the other side of that gun as well?

"Seriously, you came here pointing your finger at me, threw witty comments my way and perked my attention just to pretend like nothing ever happened? It won't work that way," he said as he turned around any she blushed. Looking at it like that, it certainly seemed like she way provoking him.

"Never mind, there are some things one cannot say no matter how hard they try," defending herself, she began to leave but he interrupted her.

"Anything can be said as long as it holds some true intentions, for example: I wouldn't mind doing IT with you, as long as you're willing to. You know where my room is and you're more than welcome to come anytime," he spoke, pretending like it wasn't such a big deal as he continued to make a coffee.

Alis, on the other hand, who just came to certify that her life was no longer in danger from being ended by him could only blush with her lips parted before running away from him as far as possible, hoping that he was just joking.

Yet another, smaller, part of her was dancing around proudly hoping that he indeed meant every single word he said.