Chapter 44: How to get yourself in a Jail

Start from the beginning

Edgar was, well, just your average guy - you could say. He joined the police force because everyone on his family has been a member of law, despite never really being interested in it. Yet, what Edgar lacked the most was a steady, solid backbone. Thus, he couldn't say what his wishes really were.

And so he's been stuck doing work he doesn't like for five years now and the only thing he was grateful for was because his superiors never sent him on dangerous missions. Just your average patrol or traffic business.

That's why, as he walked on the path near the lake he's walked on over thousand times now, he didn't really have any reason to be on alert. What would anyone want to do with a skinny guy like himself anyway?

Just then, he saw a blonde guy walking towards him with a smile on his face, nothing unusual. Some people would come like that in front of him and wish him a good day, so his level of perception didn't know how differently to respond but to return the smile and lower his defenses.

To zero.

0

Nada.

Nothing.

He was safe.

With a smile on his face, just as the guy was some two meters in front of him, he opened his mouth to with him a good afternoon, yet the seemingly defenseless and polite guy apparently had some other ideas.

"I'd be nice about it, but this is going to hurt you more than it will me," Nikolas said, still having that freakingly innocent smile that by no means had anything to do with his real intentions, before punching the poor guy out of nowhere.

Surely, that was the fastest way for someone to end in jail, was it not? Not even having go bother about the consequences, Nikolas crouched down before placing his hands in front of him as the poor guy only stared at him in wonder, not being able to comprehend what was going around.

"Please arrest me and give me a ceil, one just for myself, if possible," because where else could you find a free bed to spend the night if not in jail?

"Sir," still in shock from what just happened, Edgar held his now-bruised cheek, while taking out handcuffs with another. He couldn't get a grasp or reality as he just got hit by someone and now is, for the first time, arresting someone after five years of service.

           "So, you're saying that this guy just punched you?"

"Yes, sir."

"Out of nowhere?"

"Yes, sir."

"For no apparent reason?"

"Yes."

"And then surrendered to you, willingly?"

"That's right, sir!"

"And now is sleeping like a baby in a prison bed, without even bothering to go out, use a free call go get someone help him, not even bothering to get himself a ticket for the way out?"

"It's just like you said, sir."

"What the fuck is going on in my station?!"

To sum it all up, after Nikolas perfectly executed his plan to get a place to rest and sleep without necessarily being interrupted, he was brought to the police station. Refusing anything that could possibly get him out of there, he even walked towards a cell with enthusiasm before policemen had no other choice but to let him in. He did use violence against an officer of law.

On the other side, everyone in the police station was celebrating that Edgar, a scaredy-cat that never dared to even watch a fight, actually managed to arrest someone, thus rising morale of others. If he did it, despite the dangers, anyone could.

Or something like that.

Then, the head of that station came to see what was all that commotion about as Edgar slowly explained everything to him. Not to mention that Nikolas had no identification documents on himself, they pretty much guessed that he was an emigrant running away from his country or some dangerous people..
Yet, who the fuck walks in a Jail with enthusiasm on theit face?

"This guy is suspicious, we have to investigate him throughly. Wake him up!" he said as he turned towards Nikolas who was like dead, away from reality and responsibility.

"About that sir, he asked that we let him sleep for tonight and he'll answer all of our questions. He said that even if we wake him up, he won't utter s single word unless he gets his sleep," Edgar silently whispered, fearing his superior's wrath, but to his surprise - he only raised his eyebrow in amazement.

Someone was actually daring enough to punch a police officer out of nowhere, bring himself to the jail and fall asleep before demanding to be left alone to sleep?

With his curiousity rising, the chef - Levi, pondered on where had he seen that face before.

"Whatever, let him be. My wife is already waiting for me for our anniversary and I'm too tired to deal with this shit," saying that, Levi proceeded to leave the place to the easygoing group he was taking care of.

They were the worst police station anywhere, what will more tardiness bring them?

Unbeknown to the little group getting more and more curious about their new friend for a day, Vincent rose the entire London on its legs looking for a certain son of his he didn't know whereabouts of.

At least Nikolas got his long-awaited sleep.