Finally Free

I woke up the next morning and smiled widely as I realized what day it was. Today is the day I get freed with the beautiful man sleeping next to me. Pete and Patrick already had a room prepared for us to stay in at their house. I was so happy with the way our life is starting to turn out.

I began to kiss Dallon awake, him being too irresistible not to. He slowly woke up and smiled at me.

"That was the best way to be woken up," he sighed.

"I'll do that every time then," I replied.

"You better," he said. "Our last morning here, thank god!"

"I know right, I can't stand this place any longer," I agreed.

"YOU'RE tired of this place? You haven't been here nearly as long as I have!" Dallon exclaimed.

"I know! So I can't imagine how you feel," I said. "Chill out a bit, Dal."

"Sorry, I'm about to leave the place I've been stuck in for years, I'm a little excited," he apologized.

"That's okay," I said. "I understand."

"Freedom," he whispered under his breath.

"Freedom," I whispered back.

. . .

Dallon and I were eating breakfast quietly when Pete and Patrick walked into the middle of the room.

"Attention everyone, I wanted to inform you all that today Dallon and Brendon are leaving!" Pete announced to the patients.

The patients clapped, proud of our achievement. I was proud too, proud of Dallon, proud of me, proud of us.

"They both have done an amazing job helping each other out, being the reason that the other is able to leave," Patrick praised. "Brendon finally made a break through with Dallon, after nobody else had been able to do so, allowing Dallon to open up! Dallon broke through the wall that Brendon put up in his head and allowed him to realize Ryan's death! I am so proud of them both!"

I was so immensely happy, I don't think I had ever been this happy before. Not even when I was with Ryan when he was alive. I was so in love with Dallon, in ways that I couldn't even understand myself. I loved everything about him and I was so happy that I would leave this place with him. Dallon deserved the world, and when we leave, I am going to do my best to give it to him.

The patients were cheering for us and I could see how happy Dallon was, he could see how proud they were of him, and I could see that something like this had never happened to him before. The people around him actually treating him like a human being, and not some piece of trash like his classmates had. I could see in his eyes that they were starting to water and mine started to as well. This was the best day of my life, and it was his as well.

. . .

We were about to head out the door hand in hand, the patients cheering for us once again with Pete and Patrick leading us out. Their shifts were over and we needed someone to take us to their house. We were stopped in front of the front entrance. I turned to Dallon.

"Are you ready?" I smiled.

"Ready as I'll ever be," he answered. "This feels like a dream, I'm finally free, after all these years."

"This better not be a dream, we worked our asses off to get out of here," I joked.

"Are you guys coming or what?!" Pete interrupted. "If you didn't want to leave you should have told us beforehand, now come on!"

"Let's go," Dallon whispered, and we stepped outside, free at last. Dallon took a deep breath of the fresh air. "I can't believe I'm outside."

"Welcome back, Dal," I replied and lightly pulled him forward, as he had stopped after taking a step outside. "Come on, Pete is getting really impatient."

We caught up to Pete and Patrick, in which Pete had sighed, "Finally!" I didn't think we had taken that long. We got into Pete and Patrick's car and started the drive to their house. We all sat silently in the car, listening to the music playing from the radio.

After a little bit, we had finally arrived at Pete and Patrick's house, they gave a short tour, which included showing us our room, their room, the kitchen, the bathroom, and the living room. Not that much, but it was still better than that hospital.

Dallon and I were hiding in our room, done with socializing for the day. I hoped Pete and Patrick would understand, but if they really had a problem with it, they would probably just barge in here and force us to hang out with them. It was a big day for us, so they probably knew we would want time to ourselves and time to settle.

Pete insisted that we have pizza because it was his favorite food and therefore it should be the first real food we ate after leaving the hospital. Dallon and I didn't dare to disagree, we both knew Pete would win either way. After we finished eating dinner we migrated to our room together and just laid in our bed quietly, enjoying the silence for the first time since we came here. Pete and Patrick were a lot different when they weren't acting as doctors.

After awhile I finally broke the silence, it felt like we had been laying there together for hours.

"I love you so much, my saving grace," I whispered.

Dallon immediately broke out into a smile and whispered back, "I love you too, my saving grace."

A.N.

Next Update: Wednesday

I am updating at 2:30 am because RYAN SEAMAN REPLIED TO mE THREE TIMES ON TWITTER, I MEAN IT IS THE DAY I PLANNED TO UPDATE IT, IT'S JUST 2:30 AM I HAVE LIKE 2 MORE PARTS WRITTEN FOR THIS

I AM SO HAPPY RN AND I AM SHAKING AND I COULDN'T PROCESS WHAT ANYONE SAID.

IF ANYONE CARES, MY TWITTER IS @LYS_ANGSTROM