Breaking the Barrier

The next couple nights were basically the same. I would wake up and wake up Dallon from another nightmare, Dallon would grab my wrist and tell me to stay. I couldn't say no to his pleading eyes. I wanted nothing more than to help him, he didn't deserve these tortuous nightmares. I could feel the bond between us growing.

Today, after dinner, we headed to our rooms. I was about to get into my bed with Ryan when I heard Dallon speak.

"Stay," he said. I looked at him curiously as he only spoke to me after I wake him from nightmares.

"Protect me from the nightmares," he continued.

I looked at him sympathetically, how did Ryan feel about this? I looked towards where he was standing, but he was not there. I looked around frantically, he was just there.

"Please," Dallon begged. I stopped searching for Ryan, Dallon needed me.

I climbed into Dallon's bed and he slowly wrapped his arm around me. I slightly stiffened, I didn't want Ryan to be angry with me.

"Thank you, Brendon," he said while closing his eyes.

I was hoping that Ryan would be okay with this, wherever he was. I haven't even told him about staying with Dallon in his bed those other times. It was to help Dallon, and he wanted to help him too. Hopefully he would understand.

I relaxed and closed my eyes. Dallon's embrace felt nice, and different from Ryan's. It felt more whole and warm. It felt so different when I was with Dallon than Ryan. I couldn't explain it. I wondered about it until I slipped into unconsciousness.

. . .

I woke up before Dr. Wentz came, like I did everyday now, and was reluctantly going to head to my bed. I didn't want to leave. My movements were stopped when Dallon grabbed my arm.

"Dallon, I don't want us to get in trouble," I whispered.

Dallon softly groaned and slowly let go of my arm. I stood up and walked over to my bed. When I glanced over to Dallon's bed, he was sitting up.

"Thank you," he said.

"No problem, Dal," I replied. "I'm here for you."

We sat in silence until Dr. Wentz came and we walked to breakfast together. Dallon held onto my arm the whole way there, only letting go when we went to grab our food. It was then when I realized I haven't seen Ryan since last night. I looked around the room and saw him already sitting at our table.

"Ryan!" I exclaimed while running to the table. I set my food down and hugged him.

When I let go, Dallon just arrived at the table, looking a little disappointed.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He looked up at me and nodded.

I wasn't quite sure if I believed him, but I accepted his answer.

For the rest of breakfast, me and Ryan talked a bit while Dallon quietly listened. He had a bit of a worried look on his face while we talked, but I didn't ask him about it.

When breakfast ended, Ryan and I were about to head to my meeting with Dr. Wentz when Dallon grabbed my arm again. He has grown to become quite attached to me during my time here.

"It's okay, Dallon, I'll be back in a bit," I told him. I knew he was uncomfortable with other people and maybe that was worrying him.

I walked away with Ryan and decided to tell him about me and Dallon.

"It's okay, Bren, I know you're helping him, I don't mind. I love you and I trust you," he said, relieving my worries.

We arrived at Dr. Wentz's room and began my weekly meeting with him.

"How is your progress with Dallon going?" He asked.

"It's going great!" I said. "He has spoke to me a couple times, only a couple of short phrases, and he has become quite attached to me. I think I have broke through a couple of the barriers he's put up."

"That's good," he replied. "You are still seeing Ryan, yes?"

"Of course, I love him," I said.

He slightly frowned and said, "How often do you see him?"

"I see him everyday, some times he disappears in the night when I help Dallon with his nightmares," I answered.

"Interesting," he replied. "He's just not there?"

"No, he's not in the room, I don't know where he goes," I said.

Dr. Wentz writes down some notes and says, "I think that does it, you may go."

Ryan and I walk to the common room. Upon our arrival, Dallon looks up and gives me a smile of relief. He walks over and grabs my arm, taking me to the table where he was sitting. I look around and Ryan has disappeared again. Dallon notices me searching and gives me a look of confusion.

"I don't know where Ryan went, he was here earlier, and disappeared when we walked over here." I replied, answering his unspoken question.

His face lightens up a little, then suddenly gets up and walks to the table where they keep board games. He grabs something and walks back to our table. It's a deck of Uno cards. I was amazing at Uno. (A.N. Fun fact about myself, I always carry Uno cards in my purse)

"You chose the wrong game, Dallon, you're going down," I challenged.

. . .

After I had beaten Dallon for the fifth time in a row, he gave up. He glared at me while I was endlessly giggling.

"I'm sorry, Dal, I am like the master at that game. Maybe someday you will be able to beat me," I laughed.

He shook his head and quietly chuckled. We gathered up the cards and put them away, Dallon clinging onto my arm. We walked to lunch together, I felt so happy. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. All thanks to Dallon.

A.N.

I almost forgot to update this today.

Next update will be Thursday