First Day

Today is the day I get sent to live with some crazies. I didn't think I belonged in a mental institution, but apparently everyone else did.  Ever since that fire, everyone started believing I was crazy.

Well, everyone but Ryan. Everyone acted weird when I talked about him, but why wouldn't I, he's my boyfriend. They all ask me if I'm still seeing him, as if it's a bad thing. They used to be okay with us being together. What happened to make them not okay with us? Why are they acting like this?

When I arrived they escorted me into my room and gave me the clothes that all the patients have to wear. They left so I could change into them. They were white and very uncomfortable. They were very similar to the scrubs the nurses and doctors wore. Apparently Ryan did not approve of them.

"Nice outfit you got there, Bren," he said.

"Shut up, Ryan, it's not my fault they forced me to live here and I have to wear these stupid clothes," I replied.

"I mean it, you look absolutely sexy in them," he laughed.

I decided to not say anything back and just glared at him. I loved him, but Ryan could be annoying sometimes.

One of the doctors came back into my room and said, "Hello Brendon, I'm Dr. Wentz. You're going to have a roommate, his name is Dallon Weekes, so far we have not been able to get him to interact with anyone and we're hoping that if he had a roommate he may open up to them."

I was upset, I had to share my room with some crazy person, how fun. I looked over at Ryan and he was smirking humorously.

"I hope you and Dallon can get along well and not cause us any problems," said Dr. Wentz. "Would you like to come with me to the cafeteria? It's time for lunch."

"Okay," I said. "Can Ryan come too?"

"Sure," he replied, giving me a concerning look.

We all walked to the cafeteria together, when we arrived Dr. Wentz pointed out one person sitting by themselves, slowly eating their food. He had brown hair and looked kinda lanky.

"That's Dallon over there," he said. We grabbed our food and walked over.

"Dallon, this is Brendon, he's going to be your roommate," he introduced. Dallon made no response of any kind. I could hear Ryan sniggering behind me.

"Nice roommate you got there," Ryan sneered.

"Well, I'll leave you guys to it," said Dr. Wentz before walking away.

"Hello Dallon," I slowly said. "As Dr. Wentz forgot to mention, this is my boyfriend, Ryan" I gestured to Ryan and Dallon looked at me, giving me a confused look.

Dallon had beautiful blue eyes, which reminded me of an ocean. I was jealous of his eyes.

"Isn't he just a joy to be around," said Ryan.

"Ryan, don't say that!" I said. "I'm sorry, Dallon, Ryan can be quite rude."

Dallon gave me that confused look again, then turned back to his food and continued eating. I didn't understand why he was looking at me like that.

We continued eating our food quietly, not saying a word to each other.

After everyone had finished eating, Dr. Wentz announced to everyone that it was time for our group meeting. How fun. We all stood up and Dallon towered over me, he was extremely tall. Everyone began walking to the meeting, me and Ryan slowly following behind.

"Does that guy even know how to talk," said Ryan in my ear.

"I don't know," I replied. "Probably not, he's probably too crazy to."

"We have a new member in our group today, his name is Brendon," said the group leader, whose name tag said was Dr. Stump.

"I don't even know why I'm here," I announced. "I'm not crazy, I don't belong here!"

"It's okay, Brendon, you just need a little help, nobody said you were crazy, it's okay," said Dr. Stump with a calming voice.

He proceeded to talk to the rest of the group, which annoyed me, the last place I wanted to be was a group therapy session with a bunch of lunatics. The most awkward part being when he reached Dallon.

"Dallon, do you have anything to say today?" He asked.

Dallon just sat there like he didn't even hear what Dr. Stump just said.

"Okay, I guess that's everyone, you can all head out to the common room for free period." Dr. Stump informed.

I sat alone with Ryan, we just talked about what life here would be like.

"Will we still get to spend time together?" I asked.

"They haven't had a problem with me so far, so I guess not," he said.

"Will you get to stay with me in my room?" I asked worriedly.

"I hope so, nobody has really been paying attention to me," he replied.

We continued talking until it was time for dinner, which we SST by ourselves for. Ryan never got any food so I wondered why he wasn't starving.

"Why don't you ever eat? I asked.

"I don't know, I just don't feel hungry," he said.

"Okay," I slowly replied.

Soon it was time for bed, and everyone returned to their rooms. Dallon instantly just laid down in his bed and faced the wall.

I decided I should go to sleep too, so Ryan and I laid down and went to sleep.

. . .

I suddenly woke up to hear rustling in the bed across the room, then I heard a voice speak out.

"Leave me alone! Go away!" It whimpered. Despite the panicked tone of voice, I found the voice to be oddly relaxing.

I looked over to see Dallon thrashing in his bed.

'Maybe I should help him,' I thought.

I looked around, Ryan was nowhere to be seen. Where was he? I walked over to Dallon's bed and lightly shook him.

"Dallon, wake up. You're having a nightmare," I softly spoke.

He stopped thrashing and flinched after I touched him. I yanked my hand away and Dallon looked up at me. He gave me a small nod of gratitude, turned over and went back to sleep.

I walked over to my bed and laid down and began to wonder why Dallon had flinched when I touched him. Maybe he didn't like to be touched. I also began to wonder where Ryan was. Maybe one of the doctors escorted him out, he probably wasn't supposed to be in here. I'll probably see him tomorrow morning.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, which was difficult as this was the first night sleeping alone since I'd been with Ryan. I wasn't totally alone, but I missed Ryan. What if he left because I'm here? What if he thinks I'm crazy, like everyone else?

After continuous thinking, I fell asleep, missing Ryan and our home.

A.N.

So, I decided to start a fanfic. I'm sorry if stuff is inaccurate, I don't know anything about mental institutions. I'm sorry if this is crappy, I'm doing my best, it's hard to put what I'm picturing into words. It gets better in the future, I swear, just bear with me.

I'm pretty excited for this, I usually just start fanfics and I don't really go anywhere with them, but I've been working hard on this and I feel proud of it. I hope its not trash.

I was going to put this up on Friday, but I can not wait any longer.