Declarations

I still felt awful. Did I like Dallon? Yes, of course I do, he is so amazing and special. But for as long as I was seeing Ryan, I would always be confused.

Dallon and I were back in our rooms and in each other's arms. Dallon looked deep in thought.

"Are you okay, Dallon?" I wondered.

"Just thinking," he replied.

"About what?" I challenged.

"You and Ryan," he murmured. "If he already said he would leave soon, why doesn't he just do it now?"

"He's not ready to, and I'm not ready to lose him," I replied.

"How are you supposed to be ready for something like that?" He questioned. "You would never be ready. Losing someone isn't something you can prepare for, it's going to hurt and you can't stop it."

I realized the truth to his words and I knew I would never be ready. But if he's part of my mind, how am I supposed to let him go?

"I will be here for you when it happens, you won't be alone! I wouldn't be able to just let you sit there and be heartbroken, you would have me!" He declared.

"Okay, Dallon," I whispered. I knew that I wouldn't be able to stay with Ryan forever after I found out that he wasn't real, I just didn't want to believe it.

"It's going to be okay, you're going to get out of here and live a normal life again," he said.

"I'm not leaving without you," I replied. "I'm not going to lose you too, if I leave it will be with you."

"Then we'll have to leave together, because I wouldn't leave without you either," he smiled.

We both fell asleep, thinking of our promises to each other with smiles on our faces.

. . .

Today, we were having another group meeting, I had been encouraging Dallon to try and open up more for people. When it was almost his turn I was giving him encouraging looks.

"Dallon, do you have anything to say?" Dr. Stump asked.

Dallon looked up at me and I nodded my head to him. He sat up and took a deep breath, but when he noticed everyone's eyes on him, he rapidly shook his head and slumped down in his seat. I mouthed, 'It's okay," to him.

"Well, I guess that's everyone then," Dr. Stump said disappointedly.

Everyone started to disperse from the room when I approached Dr. Stump. Dallon started to make his way to me when I said, "Go on ahead, I'll be out in a minute."

He turned around walked out of the room and I walked up to Dr. Stump.

"I think Dallon would be more comfortable speaking without so many people. Do you think we could have meetings with just me and him?" I suggested.

"You think that would help him open up?" He asked.

"Yeah, I've been encouraging him a lot and he's really opened up to me," I said.

"Pete, I mean, Dr. Wentz has been telling about how much you too have done for each other. I think we'll change your one on one meeting to include Dallon," he replied. "The sooner he opens up, the sooner he can leave."

I smiled at that thought, "Thank you, Dr. Stump."

I walked into the hallway, and quickly caught up to Dallon.

"Is everything okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah, but now you'll be attending my meetings with Dr. Wentz with me," I announced.

"O-okay," he replied shakily.

"It will be okay, we will be on the road to freedom!" I cheered.

Dallon forced a smile and grabbed my hand. I squeezed it reassuringly.

. . .

Dallon and I were about to attend our first meeting together with Dr. Wentz. Dallon was extremely nervous and I was doing my best to relax him.

"You don't have to say anything today if you don't want to, but if you do, we'll be one step closer to leaving," I encouraged.

As soon as breakfast ended, Dallon grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. We walked down the hallway to Dr. Wentz's office and I stopped in front of his door.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," he replied.

I opened the door and walked in, having to pull a little with the hand Dallon was holding to get him to walk in the room.

"Brendon and Dallon! My two favorite patients!" Dr. Wentz cheered. "Don't tell anyone I said that, we're not supposed to pick favorites."

Dallon and I looked at him strangely, he's never acted like this.

"I'm sorry boys, I'm just excited to talk to Dallon. He's been here for so long and no one has made progress with him, until you came, Brendon," he explained.

"Brendon, we can start with you first. Is it still small glimpses of Ryan you're seeing?" He asked.

"Yeah, and I saw him before and after our last meeting," I answered.

"Okay, all I really needed to know from you is if you were still seeing him," he replied, taking down some notes.

"But he did tell me that he would be leaving someday," Dr. Wentz gave me a puzzled look. "He said he would do it so I could get better."

"I have never had that happen before, the delusions my other patients have had were never like that," he said, quickly scribbling down more notes.

"That's what he told me," I said.

"Okay, now let's move on to Dallon," Dr. Wentz said. Dallon's grip on my hand tightened as soon as he heard his name. "It's okay, they'll be easy questions."

Dallon glanced at me and nodded slowly.

"First one, really easy." Dr. Wentz said. "How are you, Dallon?"

"F-fine," he stuttered out, his grip on my hand tightening. Dr. Wentz and I smiled proudly at him. "N-nervous."

"It's okay, Dallon, we can understand that," Dr. Wentz assured. "We're proud of you, you know that?"

Dallon looked at the floor and blushed cutely.

"Next, Dallon, how much do you care about Brendon?" Dr. Wentz smirked.

Dallon smiled and answered the question, looking directly at me.  "A lot, I wouldn't be where I am today without him. He's become a really important part of my life," he said, not missing a single beat.

A.N.

Yesterday, I thought it was Wednesday and almost updated this fic, I am so bad at the days of the week during the summer. And then I almost forgot to update it today, I apologize if I miss updating, just say something if I do. 

Also, I went to go see Dunkirk yesterday, and it was really good, I recommend watching it. 

Next Update: Friday