Chapter 16

Alex and Maggie decided to pack immediately after their conversation. The sooner they left, the better they thought. Alex fooled her parents by saying she was going away for a little while. Her parents didn't even care, they thought SVU was more interesting. Alex called Kaŕa about her trip she was going to do, but Kara didn't want to listen. She had better things to do than listen to her older sister. Maggie never told her parents she was going away. Actually, her parents never tried to contact her after they kicked her out. So why would she even care about them if they didn't care about her?

The only ones who really cared about Alex and Maggie were their friends. Though they only have known the real Maggie for a few weeks, they considered her a part of their little family due to Alex being Maggie's friend. They couldn't leave this town without first saying goodbye to them.

"And Sawyer? Ready to fly the coop?" Winn asked, smiling at her.

"I'm ready, Winn. Take care, okay?" Maggie replied, smiling back.

"Only if you promise me one thing. Take care of Alex, okay? She was my first friend when I came to the school. I'm normally the tough guy and you wouldn't notice it, but Alex really does mean a lot to me." Winn whispered, so Alex couldn't hear.

"I promise, Winn. I'll make sure she'll be all right." Maggie answered, calming down Winn's concerns.

Normally, Winn was not a hugger, but he made an exception for Maggie. He leaned over and hugged her so tightly Maggie couldn't push him off.

"You can get off me now." Winn heard Maggie say and Winn quickly released Maggie, blushing slightly.

"Sorry, I just  wanted to give you a going away present, you know." Winn said, looking down and blushing slightly.

"Thank you, that's nice of you." Maggie answered, glaring at Winn.

James and Lyra joined Winn and Maggie and said goodbye to Maggie, giving her a hug, while John was talking to Alex. The two joined the rest of the group, saying their final goodbye.

"I guess this is it." James said, wrapping his arm around Maggie.

"Yes, it is." Maggie uttered, a tear falling down her cheek, "I just want to thank you, guys, for being my friends and making school a little more bearable."

"You're welcome. I still find it unfair how Daya treated you." John commented.

"It's okay, I have dealt with that sort of people before. I've learned from all those bullies. They made me stronger. By the way, I don't want to think about it anymore. I'm starting a new chapter in my life with Alex which is amazing." Maggie answered, wiping the tears off her face. "I've done some things in my life of which I am not proud of. A person once said that you can't change your past, but you can let go and start your future."

"That's my girl!" Winn joked, before turning to Lyra, "You are my girl like in girlfriend. Maggie is my girl-friend." and kissing Lyra's cheek.

"It's fine, Winnie Pooh. I understood it, you don't have to defend yourself." Lyra comforted.

"I'm sorry to ruin this moment, but we really have to leave to go to the airport." Alex replied, smiling at her friends.

"We are going to miss you." John said, before hugging both Maggie and Alex.

The duo were hugged by James, Winn and Lyra. Maggie felt grateful for having these people as her friends. Maggie was never going to forget them.

"We'll send you a card." Alex said, before getting in the car.

"Drive safe." Lyra remarked, grabbing Maggie's hands.

"We will." Maggie answered, letting go of Lyra's hands and joining Alex.

Alex started the car, while Maggie closed her car door. The other friends watched as they drove away, disappearing in the distance.

And with that, Maggie and Alex were on their way to a new adventure. They were ready to start a new chapter, a new part of their lives. Maggie could see a bright future ahead of her, together with her best friend, Alex.