Chapter 12

Maggie and Alex were growing closer to one another and they loved being in each other's presence. Alex made Maggie smile, which was something she rarely did. Just like Maggie made Alex smile. Unfortunately, Maggie had to stay at home because she was still suspended for two weeks.

Luckily, Alex was there to help Maggie with her subject material, Maggie was glad that Alex was there for her. She felt like she could be herself around her. She didn't have to pretend being someone else. Alex was practically her savior. If it wasn't for her, Maggie would've ended her life. She was what kept Maggie going.

Alex helped Maggie with her Chemistry homework, although Maggie wasn't even paying attention. She kept listening to Alex's sweet and pure voice, calming down her soul. She saw what kind of genius Alex was and Maggie was just amazed.

"So do you understand now?" Alex asked, knowing Maggie was staring at her.

"Yes, thank you." Maggie said, smiling at her.

Alex looked so beautiful, dressed in a slightly oversized black t-shirt and blue leggings. Her hair was in a small knot, exposing the back of her neck. Maggie was so tempted to come closer and kiss it.

"That was everything. We're finally  finished with this." Alex uttered, putting her books in her bag, before asking, "Do you want to watch a movie or something?"

"Sure." Maggie simply answered, walking to the couch.

Alex followed Maggie and collapsed next to the latter. Maggie wrapped her arms around her. Alex let out a laugh, and their eyes made contact. Maggie took this as a sign. This was her moment to kiss her. She leaned in, and they were even closer than last time. Alex and Maggie's lips were practically half an inch apart until Maggie felt a hand stopping her.

"Maggie... I don't think this is a good idea." Alex said, shaking her head while tears gathered in her eyes.

Maggie was pulled out of her dream, seeing her friend crying.

"What do you mean?" Maggie asked, looking Alex in the eyes.

"Well, us being together. I know I said I was falling in love with you but I didn't expect us to be together right away. I really want to have you as my girlfriend, although I want to be friends first." Alex stammered.

"We are friends, right?" Maggie reminded Alex.

"Yes, but I don't know much about you. The only thing I know about you is that your full name is Margaret Ellen Sawyer." Alex replied.

"I understand." Maggie said, chuckling nervously, her eyes finding the floor, "I'm sorry if I was a little pushy."

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize." Alex answered, before asking, "Well, why don't we ask each other questions?"

"That's a good idea." Maggie said, "What are your parents' names?"

"Jeremiah and Eliza Danvers but you already knew that." Alex uttered, before asking, "What are your parents' names?"

"Edward and Jane Sawyer." Maggie said, smirking at Alex. "What is the thing you dislike the most?"

"Definitely vegan ice cream." Alex said, smirking a little.

And Alex and Maggie stayed there on the couch, talking for hours. They didn't even get the chance to watch the movie because they lost track of time. Maggie felt comfortable by having a deap and meaningful conversation with Alex Danvers to the late hours of the night. By the end of that night, Alex knew Maggie basically inside out. But Maggie didn't expect to end up crying on Alex's shoulder at two a.m., finally letting out what she had been holding in all her life. Maggie cried over her parents, over her life, over everything.