Chapter 2

Alex didn't see the girl, who she nicknamed Miss Mystery, until a week later. She was sitting at a table, alone, writing on some piece of paper.  Alex herself was sitting at another table with Daya and some of her other friends. They were talking about their new history teacher, whose nickname was Mr Hottie. Alex tried to pay attention, but she couldn't. She kept staring at Miss Mystery, she wanted to talk to her, but she knew Daya wouldn't like it.

Everyone at school thinks Daya and Alex are the most amazing couple and it's already decided that they will be promqueens. What most people don't know is that Alex's girlfriend is actually very jealous. She only wanted to be Alex's girlfriend because that would make her popular. And she fell for her cruel act. Alex got tired of listening to her friends and got up. The moment she wanted to approach the mysterious lady, the intercom turned on.

"Can Maggie Sawyer come to the principal's office?" the voice said.

"Oh no, she's in trouble." the students whispered.

Miss Mystery packed her bag and made her way to principal Howell. Alex noticed she had tears in her eyes. She wanted to chase after her, but someone grabbed her wrist.

"Don't you dare..." Daya threatened. "She's not worth it."

"Let go of me." Alex said.

Maggie speed-walked to the principal, while keeping her head down so no one saw her sobbing. She opened the door and saw her parents sitting next to Mr. Howell.

"Mom, Dad." Maggie looked surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"We know what you were going to do." the principal replied.

"What?" Maggie lied.

"Give me back my pills and my bottle of tequila, Margaret!" her mom yelled.

"You have to get help, Ms. Sawyer." Mr. Howell replied. "I'm sorry but I have to suspend you for two weeks, we don't tolerate alcohol in this school."

"But I..." Maggie stuttered.

"End of the conversation, Ms. Sawyer. I will see you in two weeks."

Maggie gave the bottle and the pills to her mother and stormed out of the room.

"Margaret Ellen Sawyer, you are not running away from us!" her father yelled.

"What?! What the fuck do you want?" Maggie cried.

"Watch out with that language, Miss. What were you thinking?" her mother asked.

"Nothing." Maggie lied. "I had a headache and the bottle is not mine."

"Yeah, right." Mr. Sawyer sarcastically said. "You are not welcome in our home anymore. Find somewhere else to sleep."

"You can't do that. I'm your damn daughter!" Maggie got angry.

"We never wanted you! We still gave you everything and you act like an ungrateful bitch. You get two hours to pack your bags." Mrs. Sawyer answered.

Then, the sound of a closing locker filled the hallways.

"Shouldn't you be on your way to class?" Maggie's father yelled to Alex, who had heard the whole conversation.

"Yes, I should. I'm sorry."

Alex quickly walked away, but not before getting one more look at Maggie. That was the girl. The bullied girl. The Miss Mystery. She looked at her face. She noticed Maggie had these little dimples in her cheeks. She wanted to talk to her, but she knew this was a bad timing.