Chapter 43: Chocolate and Wine

Start from the beginning

"I know," I giggled, tucking some behind my ear.

Louise grabbed my hand and surveyed my wrist excitedly, "Your tattoo!"

"You like it?" I looked at her worriedly.

"I love it," Louise grinned at me, "It's so you. God you're tan."

I laughed and nodded. We turned at the sound of insane barking and realized Logan had released the beast.

"This is Nix," I chuckled as the white fuzz ball crashed into Louise's legs.

"Oh my god! You're so soft!" Louise chuckled and sat on her knees to cuddle and pet Nix.

I laughed as Nix licked Louise's face, "I think she likes you."

Louise looked up at me with a broad smile. Her eyes shifted over my shoulder and we looked at Logan, who awkwardly leaned against the hood of his truck with his hands in his pockets.

My heart hammered as I helped Louise up, "LuLu, this is Logan."

Please like him.

Logan's cheeks went a little pink as he stood up strait and smiled, "Hi."

Louise strode past me and stuck out her hand, "So, you're the guy my best friend is in love with."

Logan nodded and shook her hand briefly with a nervous chuckle, "I guess so."

Louise had to tilt her head almost all the way up to look at him. She turned to me, "He's a fucking giant."

My cheeks reddened as I nodded, "Eh, you're just short, but he's like six-two."

"Hmm," she hummed, looking at Logan inquisitively, who raised a patient eyebrow.

He looked over her head at me with an unreadable expression. I shrugged helplessly.

I laughed as Louise poked Logans biceps and torso, making him squirm.

Louise glanced at me with her eyebrows raised, "Holy shit."

"Louise, leave him alone," I smiled at her.

"Hold on now, I gotta make sure my best friends first boyfriend checks out," she smirked at me mischievously.

She bent to scoop up Nix and grinned at us, "Come on in guys. I made some dinner."

Logan's eyes brightened at the mentioning of food as we grabbed our bags. I took his hand and we followed Louise into her house.

"I hope you're house trained," Louise muttered to Nix as she set her down on the hardwood floor.

"She is....mostly," Logan said, a tinge of worry in his voice.

I looked around and smiled. Louise always did have incredible taste for design.

The whole house had dark wooden floors that spanned over the open floor plan. White trim bordered silvery grey walls.

We walked into a small kitchen with marble counters and tiled walls. A glorious smell came from the oven and pans on the stove.

"You can just drop the bags for now, I'll show you your room later," Louise said, waving her hand. Logan and I left our bags on the strip of carpet on the floor and took off our shoes.

Louise excitedly grabbed blue plates out of the white cabinets and set the on the table.

"Want any-" I began to offer but she stopped me, "No, no, you guys just sit and relax. You're my first house guests."