Chapter 20: The Reading

Our room was quite beautiful. It was rustic with two iron beds and homey details like pictures and paintings.

I flopped onto one bed and kicked off my shoes. Logan did the same and spread out happily, looking like he was about to fall asleep.

"So, tomorrow's agenda," I said, sitting up.

Logan grumbled but sat up to pay attention.

"Lets go to the Audubon Zoo, I looked it up and they have a white tiger I want to see," I grinned, sitting crossed legged.

Logan snapped a picture of me and I pulled a face, "Logan."

"Sorry, you're just so beautiful," he grinned boyishly at me.

"Shut up," I giggled, "Anyway, let's do that and then just walk around. I'm sure we can find something to do after that."

Logan nodded, "Sounds good."

I got up and opened the curtains, which revealed sliding glass doors that led to the balcony. Grey clouds began to swirl and I knew it was going to rain soon.

"Can we go to bed yet?"

"It's ten thirty," I laughed at Logan.

"Yeah, that's bed time," he smiled at me and climbed under his blankets.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure."

As soon as I was in my bed and under my blankets, I pulled my pants off and raised an eyebrow at Logan whilst dropping them to the carpeted floor.

He blinked at me and his lips quirked, "Damn woman."

He rolled over to face away from me and I laughed. I pulled the chain on my lamp and turned out the light. We'd get up decently tomorrow.

I settled into my ultra soft pillows and pulled the comforter up to my chin.

.....
....
...
..
.

My eyebrows furrowed and I blinked. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. My attention was caught by the lightning flashing outside the window and the wind howling rather loudly.

The cracks in the building made everything creak. It was a pretty bad storm. I almost fretted about it being tornado season.

Suddenly the distant corner of the room lit up and I gasped. The bathroom light had turned on. I sat very still and looked over at Logan's bed.

His figure was still there, not in the bathroom. My breath caught as I heard a tinkling noise. I looked up and saw the chandelier in the middle of the ceiling slowly twisting around, its crystals chiming.

"What the..." I mumbled breathlessly as my heart began to pound.

My breath caught in my throat as the light clicked off again, plunging the room into darkness.

"L-Logan..." I whispered, thoroughly freaked out.

The crystals chimed louder. Thunder boomed outside and a streak of lightning cast eerie light all over the room, illuminating a painted picture of a woman in gothic clothing.

I yelped as the picture fell off the wall and clattered to the floor loudly.

Ripping the covers off, I flew out of my bed and directly into Logan's.

I shook him roughly, "Logan! Logan wake up!"

He stirred and sat up quickly, "What? What is it?"

"I- the light, the chandelier, the picture," I rambled, completely panicked.

"What?" He said confusedly.